Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Hickory smoked cheesey pulled pork nachos with crispy bacon bits

StormbringerStormbringer Posts: 1,453
edited May 25 in EggHead Forum
The title says it all ... covers the major food groups in one meal :). We had some left over pulled pork from last weekend's cook so, inspired by someone who did brisket leftover nachos, we did a pulled pork version. Nacho chips layered with pork, cheese, Kansas city style BBQ sauce and topped with chopped bacon. Smoked in the Large over hickory ... out-freaking-standing. Full details in the blog post below:

https://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk/2019/05/24/pulled-pork-cheese-nachos/

Served with dips:

Layering the ingredients:

Smoking in the Egg:

Thanks for looking!
Large BGE and MMX, both with platesetter and cast iron grid. Superpeel for pizza, iDevice for temperature.
Cooking on the large in deepest, darkest England since Oct 2015. MMX added to the family Mar 2016.
--------------------------------------------------------------
| My food blog ... BGE and other stuff http://www.thecooksdigest.com

Comments

• lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 5,247
    Nice!!!
    Visalia, Ca
  • bluebird66bluebird66 Posts: 2,353
    Mercy,that looks good!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 14,166
    I love your posts. Seriously, that looks spectacular.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • XC242XC242 Posts: 1,187
    I received this recipe yesterday in your email blast and said to myself, “Self, you gotta make these, get that bag of pulled pork out of the freezer...” Those look amazing! The pork is thawing. Have a great weekend everyone!
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • StormbringerStormbringer Posts: 1,453
    Thanks folks. @YukonRon I like the idea of peach smoke and salsa for that you posted in the other thread.
    Large BGE and MMX, both with platesetter and cast iron grid. Superpeel for pizza, iDevice for temperature.
    Cooking on the large in deepest, darkest England since Oct 2015. MMX added to the family Mar 2016.

• CigarCityEggerCigarCityEgger Posts: 1,426
    Oh yea, would likely devour that all on my own 
    XC242 said:
    I received this recipe yesterday in your email blast and said to myself, “Self, you gotta make these, get that bag of pulled pork out of the freezer...” Those look amazing! The pork is thawing. Have a great weekend everyone!
    SWMBO read this and decided that for the next time, we're cooking a larger pork butt and putting batches in the freezer for quick defrost and nacho meals. Nice! :) 

• XC242XC242 Posts: 1,187
    My wife, daughter and I just about polished off this whole pan. DELISH!! Thanks @Stormbringer!

LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
    XC242 said:
    My wife, daughter and I just about polished off this whole pan. DELISH!! Thanks @Stormbringer!

Nicely done, sir! Glad you and the family enjoyed it. 

• ThatgrimguyThatgrimguy Posts: 4,109
    Looking good!!
    XL & Small Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, Pitmaker Vault, Blackstone Griddle, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, BlueStar 60" Range