Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Galbi... and OT quiche

calikingcaliking Posts: 12,643
edited April 22 in Off Topic

Found prime beef ribs, galbi-cut at Costco recently. Marinated in soy, onion, mirin, garlic, ginger, honey, five spice powder overnight. SV at 135°F x 2 hrs for half of them. Grilled the rest hot and fast, caveman-style.

Egg and veg fried rice on the blackstone.

Turned out pretty good. The grilled version beat the SV version handily.

Sidebar - working on homemade pie crusts, so made quiche earlier today. Crust turned out excellent this time.

Thanks for looking!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments

• DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 15,473

Killing it as always my friend. Stellar work.

• WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 7,509

That looks incredible! Wow

Minnesota
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 19,726

Excellent cook man.

Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 14,979

When Ashish drops the mic with a “sidebar”...

"A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

• northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 13,253

I wish each of those pictures could have been liked stand alone. One like does not seem fair for this post.

Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

“May the four winds blow you safely home.”
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 12,643

Thanks, gents.

well, I baked it in the big clock, hence OT. But it looked so purty, I just had to share 😁

• Damn! that quiche looks amazing. I have some parking lot wagyu shorties in the freezer looking for a purpose. I think I found it.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX
  • SciAggieSciAggie Posts: 4,054

It all looks good my friend. Being prime, I bet the ribs were tasty. And the quiche - well, you’re just showing off now...

I’m glad you did...

Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven.
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • bubbajackbubbajack Posts: 318

Damn it man!......show off!

I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,L,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc.

Oh that will be good.

Some recipes I found didn't marinate the meat at all. I hesitated about leaving them in an acidic marinade overnight (there was some chinkiang vinegar and rice vinegar in the mix too), but figured beef would be ok. The grilled ones were good, but the SV ones not so much. I would leave any vinegar out of the marinade next time, and add it to the basting sauce instead (reduced bag juice, slathered on while grilling).

Funny thing is that the crust was the goal, the stuff in it was kind of an afterthought. I do enjoy quiche art, and find it oddly soothing, so that part made me happy.

• johnnypjohnnyp Posts: 3,451

Looking good Ashish

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • GATravellerGATraveller Posts: 6,949

Your posts make me feel like a hack. 😀

Great work Sir.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 13,253
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

“May the four winds blow you safely home.”