Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

doctors visit tomorrow

Options

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    back to day one.  lisinipril, calcium channel blocker, then losartan just took me down. new drug starts today.  what happens after you go thru the whole list
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    Options
    I got tired of the dizziness and coughing these past 5 years (on Lisinopril) so I quit taking it Sunday.  The cough is almost gone, and I’m not dizzy at all.  I have a digital BP test set, so I am going to self test for a while and monitor.  
    Can’t believe how much better I feel off the Lisinopril.  Even my knees feel better!
  • fishlessman
    Options
    I got tired of the dizziness and coughing these past 5 years (on Lisinopril) so I quit taking it Sunday.  The cough is almost gone, and I’m not dizzy at all.  I have a digital BP test set, so I am going to self test for a while and monitor.  
    Can’t believe how much better I feel off the Lisinopril.  Even my knees feel better!
    years ago on lisinopril i was getting instantly dizzy like a vertigo attack, would hit the floor forward or back in a second and it would take a good twenty minutes to get to my knees
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    metoprolol, now.  looks like most of the veggies i eat are off the list
    fukahwee maine

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    years ago on lisinopril i was getting instantly dizzy like a vertigo attack, would hit the floor forward or back in a second and it would take a good twenty minutes to get to my knees
    Weird. I've been using Lisinopril for years and have never had any side effects like that (or any other really).
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Weird. I've been using Lisinopril for years and have never had any side effects like that (or any other really).
    Fish is a very sensitive soul. ;)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Ive been on lisinopril for 3-4 years and no issue. Have my first physical since dropping down to a 34” waist- maybe I will get to drop it. 

Now back to how I’m going to answer the drinking question 🤐
    Greensboro, NC
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    Ive been on lisinopril for 3-4 years and no issue. Have my first physical since dropping down to a 34” waist- maybe I will get to drop it. 

Now back to how I’m going to answer the drinking question 🤐
    Watch for the ACEI cough if you continue losing weight. If you get a dry, hacking cough that won't abate, talk to your provider.
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    I’m done I’m done with the weight loss- back to college weight. But appreciate the heads up and will watch out for it. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • fishlessman
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    wish that was the case for me, the falling with lisinopril for me was brutal

dr appointment scheduled for tuesday, bringing a list of bp readings and heartrate readings. numbers all over the place, not sure if its the changing of meds 3 times in 2.5 weeks. numbers bounce between 170/102 to 120/64  with heart rates between low 60's to a high of 118.  weight loss of 13 pounds over that time without really trying. see what happens tuesday

fukahwee maine

• littlerascal56
    Options
    Those numbers all over the place. My norm when on lisinopril was 130/70. Since quitting it cold turkey last weekend, they rebounded to 150/80.  My annual isn’t scheduled for a while, but I know he will put me on another med.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options

This. I'm on 10mg and the cough is annoying as can be.

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• fishlessman
    Options

50 mg metoprolol succinate, i dont think thats a symptom with this med. slightly dry eyes, like a mild welding flash though. hoping that goes away

fukahwee maine

• littlerascal56
    Options

Was on 10 mg Lisinopril and coughed for several years. Quit taking it on March 9th, and cough was gone next day. Your Dr can prescribe another drug that won’t make you cough!

• YEMTrey
    Options
    Steve 

• fishlessman
    Options

so far ive been on lisinopril, amlodipine, losartan, and now metoprolol 25mg but now 50mg. the metoprolol is the first without bad symptoms for me. the losartan took me down in a bad way

fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options

need to talk to the dr again, 3 beers and my bp drops way down. total blackouts, cooked a big haddock dinner and two dozen ears of corn, remember nothing. whats left to try. zipzero appetite and heavy fatigue with this stuff as well as what can only be described as a cocaine nose drip

fukahwee maine

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    @fishlessman don't let 'em wear you down.  Tough news.  You are your own best advocate so be relentless in seeking a new direction and course of action. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options

need to talk to the dr again, 3 beers and my bp drops way down. total blackouts, cooked a big haddock dinner and two dozen ears of corn, remember nothing. whats left to try. zipzero appetite and heavy fatigue with this stuff as well as what can only be described as a cocaine nose drip

I am not a doctor but alcohol is a depressant. Did your doctor give you any instructions about it?
  • fishlessman
    Options

I am not a doctor but alcohol is a depressant. Did your doctor give you any instructions about it?
    said that i didnt need to change  it unless he saw something negative with all the tests he had done, 3 beers for me is just the first sip for me and he knows it. going to talk about dropping back to 25 mg of this stuff, im down about 40 pounds since getting on it and the big drop was when it was upped to 50 mg.  maybe thats just too much for me.  i had a reading of 90's / 40's this weekend, thats way too low for me
    fukahwee maine

• rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    Options

I drank because I was depressed, lol. 
     1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options

said that i didnt need to change  it unless he saw something negative with all the tests he had done, 3 beers for me is just the first sip for me and he knows it. going to talk about dropping back to 25 mg of this stuff, im down about 40 pounds since getting on it and the big drop was when it was upped to 50 mg.  maybe thats just too much for me.  i had a reading of 90's / 40's this weekend, thats way too low for me
    That is way too low for anyone!! Consult your doctor for sure.  I wonder if all your weight loss has naturally reduced your BP, so now your dose is too high.  I don’t know - I’m not a doctor so just a theory.  
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • littlerascal56
    Options

After I retired from my hi stress job, and didn’t have to worry about keeping the power on for 1/2 the state (KS) every time a storm came thru, my blood pressure dropped to normal and I quit taking Lisinopril.

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,570
    Options
    @fishlessman.. Hope you doing ok today..Please keep us posted
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • fishlessman
    Options
    @fishlessman.. Hope you doing ok today..Please keep us posted
    seem fine today. seems to happen on saturdays with the low bp, only thing different is a 3 to 4 hour drive friday night with the summer traffic stop and go and im up saturday at 4 am and on the boat. maybe its a sleep pattern thing.  mapping out the last hundred bp readings and sending it in.
    fukahwee maine

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Hoping for great outcomes.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • fishlessman
    Options
    so far lisinopril, amlodipine, losartan, and then metoprolol 25mg but then changed to 50mg.  went to the doctors office without an appointment, 179/110.  starting chlorthalidone with a second med coming in 2 weeks.  seems doctors dont like you arriving without an appointment, well confusion is a handy side effect ;)  one of these better start working, theres not many types left to try.
    fukahwee maine

• YEMTrey
    Options
    Hoping for the best, Fish. 
    Steve