Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Friday Funday Thread

I’m not going to be able to do any cooking on the BGE this weekend since we’re headed out of town (to Myrtle) for a couple of days.  So I thought I’d try to live vicariously through all y’all. What’s everyone cooking tonight or this weekend?
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 29,898
    Ropa vieja courtesy SWMBO.  Beans have been soaking all day.

• CornholioCornholio Posts: 415
    I have a pot of chili simmering on the stove now and picked up some things while at the store to make ABT’s tomorrow.  It’s actually nice and chilly and going to rain here in So Cal so will probably grill some dogs tomorrow to go with chili and the poppers.  

• JohnEggGioJohnEggGio Posts: 592
    Tonight: cipoinno
    Saturday: chili (with beans)
    Sunday: cracking into a ribeye primal I’ve been dry-aging - today is Day 21.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 7,038
    Cooking a pork butt on a colleague's kamado.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• GulfcoastguyGulfcoastguy Posts: 2,165
    I don't know just yet. It depends on what is on special over at Rouse's. I know that they have pork tenderloin for $2.99 . I guess that I'll see in a couple of hours.
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 11,719
    RRP said:
    Burgers tonight to welcome in 7" of snow forecasted to start at 9. It's supposed to be that heavy wet widow maker type of snow. Sat & Sun will be cooks inside to celebrate not making my wife a widow!
    Better you than me Ron! Hell, when it comes to snow, better anybody than me. 😂 

enjoy!
  • LegumeLegume Posts: 9,386
    No idea.  Another **** day at the end of a **** week, just managed my way through today with a nice bourbon hangover.
    Austin, TX
  • TEXASBGE2018TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 2,029
    edited January 11
    John you turd I thought you just got banned based on your avatar Then I realized it still shows you’re active.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, 36" Stainless Blackstone Griddle, Contemplating which size Egg to get next. Cast Iron Hoarder.

"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"- Davy Crockett

• TEXASBGE2018TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 2,029

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, 36" Stainless Blackstone Griddle, Contemplating which size Egg to get next. Cast Iron Hoarder.

"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"- Davy Crockett

• WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 7,064
    Slippy said:
    Doing a dry run on my new offset. A BigHat Ranger. Doing some brisket and ribs starting at 5am, so trying get a handle on temp control on this thing
    You win
    Minnesota
    Going to attempt Pho
    Minnesota
  • frazzdaddyfrazzdaddy Posts: 788
    John you turd I thought you just got banned. Then I realized it still shows you’re active.
    He got me too, till I went to his profile and saw he changed his profile pict.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 
    Moncure N.C.
    WeberWho said:
    Going to attempt Pho
    I didn't notice you posted on my wall until about an hour ago, but posted a link on Pho.

@WeberWho

• CornholioCornholio Posts: 415
    WeberWho said:
    Going to attempt Pho
    Oxtail as well?  Huge Vietnamese population near me so we have access to a lot of good places for ingredients I just haven’t made the leap yet.  
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 5,141
    4) those who are disappointed JIC didn't get banned.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SSQUAL612SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,100
    I see @Slippy and @TEXASBGE2018 are neighbors.  
    Temple, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • Ropa vieja courtesy SWMBO.  Beans have been soaking all day.
    I always thought you were shackle-free, as I don’t recall you referencing “SWMBO” until only recently. Either I’m not as observant as I thought or someone’s had a very wild weekend in Vegas. 
  • SlippySlippy Posts: 165
    SSQUAL612 said:
    I see @Slippy and @TEXASBGE2018 are neighbors.  
    I know, and he hasn't even offered to come over and help trim up briskets. 
    Rockwall, TX  •  LBGE, Big Hat Ranger offset smoker, Really old 22" Weber Kettle, Pile of Pecan and Post Oak... 
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 18,445
    JRWhitee said:
    4) those who are disappointed JIC didn't get banned.
    Can’t win them all. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
    WeberWho said:
    Going to attempt Pho
    I didn't notice you posted on my wall until about an hour ago, but posted a link on Pho.

@WeberWho
    @nolaegghead I must have missed the link. Where is it posted?
    Minnesota
    @WeberWho ; on my wall. 

Cornholio said:
    WeberWho said:
    Going to attempt Pho
    Oxtail as well?  Huge Vietnamese population near me so we have access to a lot of good places for ingredients I just haven’t made the leap yet.  
    We have an Asian market not too far away. I've only been in there once for a few minutes for sushi rice. I'm looking forward to see what they have available. I've read oxtail can be like $12-$15/lb depending on your location. Fingers crossed they have something I can put together. 

I'm not expecting much since it's my first go at it but looking forward to trying out something completely different for a change
    Minnesota

My Asian market sells beef bones cut for Pho for about $1.40/lb

Ropa vieja courtesy SWMBO.  Beans have been soaking all day.
    I always thought you were shackle-free, as I don’t recall you referencing “SWMBO” until only recently. Either I’m not as observant as I thought or someone’s had a very wild weekend in Vegas. 
    Over 20 years....

edited January 12
    Hey thanks. Much appreciated.

Edit: Just reread your post. That make sense now with it being on your wall
    Minnesota