Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

1-800 SAVE SGH

Fellows I don't know about the rest of you, but I think we may need to stage a little intervention for our forum buddy Scottie, otherwise known as @SGH.  You see he's a big Alabama football fan and, well... 

He bet on them, in a big way, to beat the spread in the game against Oklahoma.  The spread was 13, and they won by ... 11.  They did not beat the spread my friends.

Around the same time he buried a brisket in a hole in the ground.  We all know how that worked out.  It did not.

Then last night.  What can anyone say?  I don't know for sure if Scottie bet on Alabama for that one, but the way he was talking before hand, it sure seemed like he thought a Red Tide Victory was a "sure thing".  I guess maybe those Alabama boys were just all tuckered out from their game against Oklahoma.  Anyway, after Clemson took them to the woodshed to beat them like a rented mule last night, nobody has seen or heard from Scottie.  He's not responding to texts.  

We may need to do something drastic to save him my friends.  I don't know what that could be, but I fear we are in to something approaching a national emergency at this point.  
"A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Comments

• GulfcoastguyGulfcoastguy Posts: 2,369
    The brisket was offered at the statue of the Great Bear Bryant but was found unsavory.
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 24,840
    maybe check with the local cdc and see if theres any rabid coons in his area
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 31,004
    Maybe start a go-fund-me?

Or if he could have some of Ron's money, might do the trick.

The bigger they are, the harder they fall.  So to speak.

Scottie is probably licking his wounds this morning and doing a full body shave for therapy.

• JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 5,294
    Paging @SGH They sure paid Satan a lot of money to get embarrassed like that on national TV

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • I think he’s just taking a page out of your book @nolaegghead after a tough loss. Although I’m guessing he won’t last as long  =) 
    Snellville, GA

• JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 14,840
    I think he’s just taking a page out of your book @nolaegghead after a tough loss. Although I’m guessing he won’t last as long  =) 
    LSU won, so I’m not sure what you’re talking about.  Politics are no longer allowed here, so I hope it’s not that.  Probably you didn’t see the memo given that you’ve been hiding out yourself =)
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

• Haven’t been hiding at all. Just because I don’t post much doesn’t mean I’m hiding. What I was referring to was when your boyfriend went into hiding when things didn’t go his way in 2016. Call it political if you like. Or, see it as the joke that it was intended to be. Back to hiding now! 
    Snellville, GA

I think he’s just taking a page out of your book @nolaegghead after a tough loss. Although I’m guessing he won’t last as long  =) 

Hahaha

You hear - if you don't like the forum, leave.  

Now I'm hearing, if you leave, you're a bla bla bla derogatory this and that.

Make up your mind, foo'!

Haven’t been hiding at all. Just because I don’t post much doesn’t mean I’m hiding.  

• thetrimthetrim Posts: 8,776
    Maybe he found someone to give Bama +28.5??? He bet the house, and is currently on a yacht charter in the British Virgin Islands.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • @nolaegghead Funny. Did I say you were a derogatory this and that for hiding? John, spit them out man! 
    Snellville, GA

John, spit them out man! 
    What?    

@nolaegghead Funny. Did I say you were a derogatory this and that for hiding? John, spit them out man! 

Scottie got back to me - sounds like he’s hanging in there!

• HendersonTRKingHendersonTRKing Posts: 1,496
    And all this time I was convinced that Scottie @SGH was an expert on shaving and points.  Maybe only when they are separate things!  
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • alaskanassasinalaskanassasin Posts: 1,877
    I called and,  “this is the auto savings center”. Cmon man I can’t help if you’re giving  bogus numbers! 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.
  • With the determined look of that gator, he may be posting some SGH anus pics if he's not careful.
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 8,776
    I don't feel any more assured on @SGH's well being
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95