Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Game Day Fixins. What Ya Got?

Options
Put on a 15# Black (pre-trim) this morning.  What are you cookin’?

Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Jealous. When shall I expect you PM me your address?
  • outrageous
    Options
    showoff!!!!!  i'm having extra cheese, cheese burgers with crispy fries.. no veggies..😀

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

• RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    @Bgebrent Did you keep a 1/4” layer of fat on the point side of the brisket?  Fat side down or up on the egg?
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Cream soup with Ham, Kale, Crimini mushroom
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    Looking good Brent...  Enjoy the day..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Looks great brother... my planned hotdogs are not worthy right now.....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    RedSkip said:
    @Bgebrent Did you keep a 1/4” layer of fat on the point side of the brisket?  Fat side down or up on the egg?
    Yes, about 1/4 inch.  Trimmed all the hard fat.  Fat side down.  250-70 with white oak for smoke.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Forgot to get something out of the freezer.  Will have to go to the butcher if I'm going to Egg anything.
    Or I could vicariously live through your pics.  Great looking briskey, even before the cook.  Enjoy @bgebrent
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    Walkerswood jerk wings later today.
    @bgebrent gonna be a banquet at the end of that cook.  Enjoy the whole deal. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Going with a Italian Sausage, fresh garlic and pepperoni Chicago Deep Dish pizza today for the win. Dough made and doing its thing.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • KennyCJR
    KennyCJR Posts: 262
    Options
    St Louis style ribs, roasted corn on the cob, and maybe some jalapeño poppers.  I’m sure the wife will have some other sides too.  
    Llano, TX   -  Med and XL BGE’s
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Working on a brisket cook. Trimmed down to a 12.1 pounder SRF Black. Will be using pecan to smoke with. Cow Dust Rub and using a little magic for the brisket prior, and during, the cook. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcap
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Working on a brisket cook. Trimmed down to a 12.1 pounder SRF Black. Will be using pecan to smoke with. Cow Dust Rub and using a little magic for the brisket prior, and during, the cook. 
    I figured you would keep it simple today given the round ball game rolls in around 10 minutes. 
    Somehow I missed the brisket Saturday memo...maybe next time.
    That's gonna be quite the protein banquet right there.  Enjoy the remainder of the cook and follow-on eats. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    YukonRon said:
    I figured you would keep it simple today given the round ball game rolls in around 10 minutes. 
    That's gonna be quite the protein banquet right there.  Enjoy the remainder of the cook and follow-on eats. 
    Thank you Frank!!  Hopefully a one sided game.
  • YukonRon
    edited December 2018
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    YukonRon said:
    @lousubcap

I am getting the brisket ready for 0530 launch Sunday. I decided to try something different this time, and not really sure how it will turn out, but it is a SRF, and it is hard to mess those up, I think.

Let me rephrase the last part......if I do everything else to the letter, make a virgin sacrifice and hire a witch doctor, and the Brisket God gives me a thumbs up, I should be ok.

We have family in that have not been in the States for the last 3 years, so not a lot of time to catch the games this year.

Doing a lot of shopping for shipping out. It will be much less of a chore heading to Rome than it was heading to Ghana.

We have to take them to a few places while here in Louisville and the surrounding areas. They want to do some hiking, so I am going to take them out and give them a healthy 5 mile down in the Gorge.

Today we are taking everyone to the Italian Table tonight (If you have heard or read about it, you know why), we have been 2-3 times and the meals are stellar. I recommend you try this place. If anyone gets to Louisville, make plans to get in. Make reservations the minute you know you are coming to town.

I might try to catch the scores, but that is about all I can do.

We will see.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Damn Brent, govt shut down must have delayed my invite

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • KennyCJR
    KennyCJR Posts: 262
    Options
    Ribs and jalapeños are on.  I “had to wait” for my Woo and other CGS goodies to show up before getting the meat on.  

Llano, TX   -  Med and XL BGE’s
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @bgebrent post timing-wise that reads like quite a high-speed brisket right there.  Did you join the turbo brisket club??  Gonna be great however you cross the finish-line.  BTW- solid round ball win today. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Brisket just finished resting and is in the cooler.

Looks great brother👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Brisket just finished resting and is in the cooler.

That’s a beaut Clark. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Came out pretty good!  Just like the Clemson-ND game.  N made bacon-potato salad, beans, skillet corn and jalapeño-cornbread.  Almost like summertime.  Enjoy the AL game brothers.

This should say it all my friend👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    Broke-down a whole chicken, homemade rub a couple of hours ago.  Going on raised direct in a few minutes - to be joined by a few hot Italian sausages.

@lousubcap I’m out of Walkerswood, otherwise - jerk chicken.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Thank you @SGH!
  • YukonRon
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Came out pretty good!  Just like the Clemson-ND game.  N made bacon-potato salad, beans, skillet corn and jalapeño-cornbread.  Almost like summertime.  Enjoy the AL game brothers.

We have those same plates.
    Nice looking finish and a plate full of heaven.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky