Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ot-Favorite Movies to watch at Christmas-OT

Options
lousubcap
lousubcap Posts: 32,347
Intentionally did not ask about favorite Christmas movies although those may meet your qualifications.
For me it is by several orders of magnitude, "Pulp Fiction."  The annual rewind.  Others??
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,340
    Options
    Die Hard! 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Ha ha. We love that one. Kill bill 1 & 2, all the Harry Potter movies, 4 christmases, Elf, Christmas story, Christmas Vacation, usually a Star Wars movie thrown in at some
    point. 

pulp fiction has a special place in my heart. I was “the fixer” at my last job and made all the bodies go away (I still do this).  My boss showed the “Winston Wolf” Harvey Kitel scene in a sales meeting and introduced me to the team as “The Wolf”. It has been my nickname ever since. It’s actually on my business card at my current job (we don’t have titles). It’s a weird thing to have on your card but it Spurs some fun conversations with people when they do the double take. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker - Given the movie debuted in 1994 I hope your clientele today can appreciate "Mr Wolf".  That is quite a badge of honor and I am quite sure you are more than worthy of the title and responsibilities.   
    Here's to a very Merry Christmas to you and your family-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Powak
    Powak Posts: 1,391
    Options
    Trains planes and automobiles 
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    A Christmas Story. Die Hard. And The Goonies

Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    Options
    Love Actually.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• KennyCJR
    KennyCJR Posts: 262
    Options
    Bad Santa and Love Actually.  Give and take for the wife and I.   :)
    Llano, TX   -  Med and XL BGE’s
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    Not movies, but at 56 years old I still like The Charlie Brown Christmas and the anamated Grinch.  I watch Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story every year. 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Pulp Fiction, a true classic.  This usually makes me want to also watch Reservoir Dogs.  Gremlins and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation are some more favorites.
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Still got kids—Home alone, and Christmas with the Kranks. 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @smokingal - obviously a Tarantatino fan (never mind the lamb ribs skills =) ) .  I am also partial to Inglourious Ba$tards.
    Merry Christmas-
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Options
    @lousubcap  I love Tarantino's work.  When I saw Kill Bill 1, it sealed the deal for me.
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    edited December 2018
    Options
    My bride and I just finished watching Maureen O’Hara and John Wayne in The Quiet Man - our perennial favorite. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Santa, Cupid, and Vixen: The Basement Tapes
    (this is rather obscure, and I only have it on VHS)

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker - Given the movie debuted in 1994 I hope your clientele today can appreciate "Mr Wolf".  That is quite a badge of honor and I am quite sure you are more than worthy of the title and responsibilities.   
    Half of them weren't born but most have seen it.

Feliz navidad to you and yours as well, cap.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Half of them weren't born but most have seen it.

Feliz navidad to you and yours as well, cap.

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    We watch The League - Season 4, Krampus episode. My daughter loves it and it kills me every time I watch it.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    NL Christmas Vacation, Elf, Home Alone, Miracle on 34th Street, The Christmas Story, Scrooge.  In that order pretty much. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Family Tradition since it came out was Pulp Fiction.
    Options
    I am The Wolf at my work.  When shìt goes sideways, they call me.  I'm the last line of defense against business interruption. 
    Options
    Office Christmas Party.  Not a real family friendly movie, but on it's way to classic status
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CigarCityEgger
    Options
    Christmas vacation, Elf, the Santa Clause are the holiday staples for us. SWMBO also loves A Christmas Story, I just never seem to get into it like the other holiday flicks 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Apocalypse Now.  Very uplifting 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Followed up by full metal jacket and platoon for the win. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Apocalypse now.  Very current.
    Christmas Vacation is a must. Bad Santa and White Christmas usually make the list. We usually catch at least one viewing of the Christmas Story marathon on Xmas day...
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Ha ha. We love that one. Kill bill 1 & 2, all the Harry Potter movies, 4 christmases, Elf, Christmas story, Christmas Vacation, usually a Star Wars movie thrown in at some
    point. 

pulp fiction has a special place in my heart. I was “the fixer” at my last job and made all the bodies go away (I still do this).  My boss showed the “Winston Wolf” Harvey Kitel scene in a sales meeting and introduced me to the team as “The Wolf”. It has been my nickname ever since. It’s actually on my business card at my current job (we don’t have titles). It’s a weird thing to have on your card but it Spurs some fun conversations with people when they do the double take. 
    My business card just reads “I piss excellence.”
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Shows how much I watch movies.  Apocalypse Now and Full Metal Jacket are the only movies I've seen, out of all the ones mentioned!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    point. 

My business card just reads “I piss excellence.”
    You’re just a big ‘ol hairy American winning machine