Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

So No Nasdaq or mail on Wed?

Options
2»

Comments

• Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    SGH said:
    People mail bills?
    I’m sure some folks still do. Especially older folks. But more importantly all my shaving gear comes by mail. With that said, I like for the mail to run often and early =)
    I hate paperless billing and I'm not that old. I delete 95% of my emails without reading them. I'd end up deleting bills too. Send me a paper bill and I'll send an electronic payment from the bank. 
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,769
    Options
    Will be Closed Not Shut Down, you can still trade but have to set limits , no all in or None...After Hours Trading is still in effect 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Toxarch said:
    You have to let the President's main supporters mourn.

When Bush dies, they shut down the stock exchange for a day. When Obama dies they will shut down the EBT card system for a day. 
    So when 45 goes The Hairclub for Men and the Spray Tan industry will be closed for a day? =)
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Is Popeyes gonna be closed?  Asking for a friend.
    i was going to ask if Dickie's BBQ was going to be open.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I fail to understand your problem with the market closing..... the man was our president and speant his life serving this country.  Whether you agree with his politics or not, he was a devoted civil servant.  We should honor that. 

Right on Grillin. He deserves it, if not more.

On the other hand, when Donnie is gone the tribute will be completely opposite.

When 45 passes, and I suspect he won't because he can afford to keep his hair and head alive in a jar in a lab somewhere, it will be a day of national grift and all corruption will be legal for 24 hours.
    Kinda like The Purge

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    Kinda like The Purge
    Or a reverse purge, but 45 would definitely approve.
    Stillwater, MN
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    Here's BGEChicago relaizing he can no longer edit his original post. 

Reminds me of my boss, who kicks trash cans too!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    I stocked up on aerosol duck fat today, in case the stores are closed tomorrow.

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I was wondering how long it was going to take for someone to make an azzhole comment about 41. Whoever called 12:34AM 12/4/18 in the pool, please come claim your prize. 
    This.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Markarm4119
    Options
    Not being able to trade in the market or get my mail for a whole day, how will we survive, oh my !
    We're Americans dammit, we cannot be inconvenienced , it's inhumane !
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • BGEChicago
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    The procedure is the same for all US Presidents since Kennedy. 
    I assumed as much. I was suprised at first but just assumed that's the normal procedure.

FIne by me.

I saw him jogging around Memorial Park in Houston once with SS detail and a SUV tailing.

Also saw him and Barbara in a grocery store near his house one night. Just folks.
    Exactly, just never heard of it or remember it.... 
    Chicago, IL BGE XL BGE Mini Webber Charcoal / Elmhurst, IL
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,410
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Truth be told, I got home and decided to get today's (Tues) mail on Weds.  I'm sure all will be well with the delay and that way I am fine with the world.  ;)
    Edit:  thread has been sunk...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Toxarch said:
    You have to let the President's main supporters mourn.

When Bush dies, they shut down the stock exchange for a day. When Obama dies they will shut down the EBT card system for a day. 
    So when 45 goes The Hairclub for Men and the Spray Tan industry will be closed for a day? =)
    You can be sure that The View, CNN, and the unemployment line will be open that day. 👍
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• BGEChicago
    Options
    All these guys butt hurt.... just saying, I have never heard of shutting down the postal system or markets because of this....You learn something new everyday... All these crybabies... I prefaced my statement, great president, great guy and from what I read, quite successful... dont understand the outrage...
    Chicago, IL BGE XL BGE Mini Webber Charcoal / Elmhurst, IL
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    after yesterday im pretty happy the market is shut down today
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    Since this has been sunk, and ready to go to page 3, I'm gonna post this because it made me laugh:

:lol:

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    im thinking they should shut down the markets today as well
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it