Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

So what are you thankful for?

Options
caliking
caliking Posts: 18,731
edited November 2018 in EggHead Forum
Time to get all sappy like.

As always, I'm thankful for a happy family. Friends to share life's ups and downs, and cooking exploits, with.

And most of all... a wife who puts up with all the shite that is me :smiley:

A very Happy Thanksgiving to all of eggdom out there. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments

• GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    Family and friends. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Folks like you and my bb and forum brothers who are entertaining. Moreover my family and my employees who are so awesome. 
    Alway appreciate you brother. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    I am most thankful for my family.  My grandparents who adopted me, raised me, and by example showed me what it is to love someone sacrificially.  Because of all that they gave, I am the person I am today.  

My wife and Norah Grace, remind me everyday by their actions and deeds that I am blessed beyond measure.  
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    ryantt said:
    I am most thankful for my family.  My grandparents who adopted me, raised me, and by example showed me what it is to love someone sacrificially.  Because of all that they gave, I am the person I am today.  

My wife and Norah Grace, remind me everyday by their actions and deeds that I am blessed beyond measure.  
    That is a lot to be thankful for! 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • caliking
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Folks like you and my bb and forum brothers who are entertaining. Moreover my family and my employees who are so awesome. 
    Alway appreciate you brother. 
    I am thankful for Nichole, as I am sure you are too. 

I cant imagine having to suffer you, without her having already taken care of the rough edges first over the years :smiley:

Hope y’all are having a great one, my friend. 

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Family and friends. 

And enough Turkey threads to keep me busy until next Thanksgiving. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,476
    Options
    Aerosol cheese in a can.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    My wife.....if not for her I'd be dead.
    My kids.....if not for them I'd be rich.
    My friends.....if not for them my life would be poor. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    My wife, my parents, my wife’s parents, and all our  health.
    The fact that I was able to share Thanksgiving with all of them all around the table having a good time laughing was fantastic.  With ages of 89, 85, 81 and 76, I know things can change in a second. Who knows how many more times we will be able to do it, but I am thankful I was able to do it again! 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Butter chicken, whoever invented that stuff ws a genius!

Family, friends and enough health to get up every morning, oh yeah and fridge with a cool beer or two in it and at least a bottle or two of fine whiskey to chase the beer. 

Life is good.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Family. Both my parents are alive and healthy for their grand children. We spent the last 4 days at my parents house with my 2 brothers families and their 6 children and my 2 children and my 4 yr old daughter is staying another week to hang with the grand parents. They live in the villages in Florida and we all drive around in golf Carts the whole time and do all sorts of crap. My dad explaining golf to his youngest grandchild my little boy. 
  • caliking
    Options
    Butter chicken, whoever invented that stuff ws a genius!

Family, friends and enough health to get up every morning, oh yeah and fridge with a cool beer or two in it and at least a bottle or two of fine whiskey to chase the beer. 

Life is good.
    Kundan Lal Gujral and his comrades at the original Moti Mahal in Delhi are usually credited with putting "tandoori" food on the map. Butter chicken  is often likened to chicken tikka masala, but it aint the same! I have many fond memories of chowing down on butter chicken and fresh naans as a kid. 

• caliking
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    Wish I had caught this on Thursday.

Im convinced that my family is filled with some of the best people on the planet. You would be hard pressed to find a more genuine, caring and love filled group of people anywhere. 

This year, my wife and I discovered new meaning to the word love.  Excited to share these first holidays with our son.

I've met you (briefly), and lets just say that thank God you married the woman you did :smiley:

I hear ya though. caliprince's first cry was the sweetest sound I've ever heard. And I've heard alot of babies cry. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I’m thankful that all of the Thanksgiving food is finally gone. This was day 4 and the last day of eating it. Thank goodness.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.