Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

What is your go to Pizza Oven?

GwizraceGwizrace Posts: 68
edited September 12 in EggHead Forum
I’m thinking of getting one  What’s the best bang for a buck ?
Cheektowaga N.Y      XLBGE,large BGE,PRIMO JR, COOKSHAKE fec100,TRAEGER LIL TEX,blackstone 

Comments

• YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 5,907
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

• 20stone20stone Posts: 1,596
    Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 17,013
    John’s favorite box.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 10,874
    Medium Green Egg.
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

“Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.”
  • DMWDMW Posts: 13,235
    Blackstone Pizza Oven here, though I hear they quit making them.
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle
  • nealmgbnealmgb Posts: 17
    Blackstone Pizza Oven here.  Currently listed Out Of Stock @ blackstoneproducts.com.
    LBGE St. Louis MO
    Personally it’s my L.  Unless john’s nearby.
  • Medium Green Egg.
    Large Big Green Egg using cast iron griddle
    Large, Small, Mini Max & Mini.
    Wishlist XXL, XL & Medium 
  • Jupiter JimJupiter Jim Posts: 3,212
    The one over at Papa John's

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 5,983
    So far it’s been John’s roccbox. Damn even my cheap a$$ wife is on board!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • HeavyGHeavyG Posts: 5,306

Take the  Blackstone (the best one!) off the list of that Serious Eats review. They are out of production and it is not yet clear if Blackstone is coming back with a Version 2.0 or they're just going to stick with pushing griddles from now on.

Might also take a look at the Ooni Pro (and the gas burner is now available in the US!).

The Roccbox seems nice if you like mini pizzas. :)
    Camped out in the (757/804)
  • Jupiter JimJupiter Jim Posts: 3,212
    Ok it's my large bge with the roswell rig and John's roccbox

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• TEXASBGE2018TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 1,324
    edited September 13
    My favorite isn’t mine but rather @SciAggie ‘s even though I’ve never seen it in person, or for that matter even met him. I just get jealous everytime he posts his amazing photos. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, 36" Stainless Blackstone Griddle, Contemplating which size Egg to get next. Cast Iron Hoarder.

"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"- Davy Crockett

• Medium Green Egg.
    This. What else do you need.
    Medium Green Egg.
    This. What else do you need.
    Johns friendship.
  • Large BGE and Pizza Porta.

https://www.pizza-porta.com/
    Gil Gowing 
    Clermont, FL
    Large BGE - MiniMax BGE
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 12,946
    The one over at Papa John's

• ThatgrimguyThatgrimguy Posts: 3,877
    XL Egg. Tried the blackstone oven and never could get results that I liked and felt like there was an "off" taste.
    Biloxi, MS
    Guild's Grocery BBQ Team
    The Grocery Cart
    XL / Small Green Eggs
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 27,873
    Roccboxxx

• I have the Blackstone and like it (run with 16" steel on top of the stone), but recently got the pizza adapter for my GMG Daniel Boone, and like that just as much.  Blackstone is easier, but don't think I would store outside.
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 12,354
    edited September 13
    HeavyG said:

The Roccbox seems nice if you like mini pizzas. :)
    They’re 10-11 inches.  I know you’re trolling a little here but we usually make several.  It’s really not that hard to make more than one, especially when they take all of 90 seconds to finish.

The Roccbox is designed to make traditional Neapolitan style pizzas, which aren’t really compatible with much larger size pies.  

If you want to cook other styles really the BGE is pretty serviceable.  Or pick up one of those Pizza Porta rigs.  The only downside there is that you go through a ton of lump.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

• Love my blackstone oven.  Its a serious bummer they are gone, had I known, I would have bought one more as a spare.  My brother and my brother-in-law both have them as well and its nice when we do pizza parties to have three ovens in play.  Allows us to make pizzas for 50 people quickly.

John - SLC, UT

2 XLs, Large, Medium, MM, and Mini

• HeavyGHeavyG Posts: 5,306
    Just checked in to the Blackstone User group and according to someone there a couple of weeks ago the Blackstone folks are redesigning the pizza oven but no ETA yet for the new model.

Hope that's true.
    Camped out in the (757/804)
    OK, I don't care, or have the time, to down size these to something reasonable, but they came out of a Blackstone, and they aren't mini. Bandwidth be danged BTW.

Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 10,826
    Camp chef makes one too. 
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 6,513
    Large BGE. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
    Some more, not down sized.

Morgantown, PA

• @SciAggie and I both have the Forno Bravo Casa2G90. An excellent choice if you’re looking to add a permanent fixture. 
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • kdinkkdink Posts: 232
    2 Xl's and a MM in Bergen County, NJ