Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Comments

• To me it looked like a flashlight for looking underneath stuff...? I had to zoom in too then I chuckled. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    I thought it was Johnny 5...
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Legume said:
    TN_Egger said:
    Image result for taylormade spider tour 7 chrome putter with sightline

Until I zoomed in and saw the name, I thought you were getting some new kind of floor polisher.

You are close. A mans putter is what he uses to wax your arse on the course. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    st¡ke said:
    Ow ow ow
    Question if I may. Here is another Hamilton that Im eyeing. It’s a 992 “Rail Way Special” edition. Bidding starts at 4,500. Is it’s actual value that high or is it worth much less and they are asking that for its rarity and historical significance?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• TN_Egger said:
    Image result for taylormade spider tour 7 chrome putter with sightline
    I like the way some of those mallets feel but not being able to scoop my ball with the back of my putter is a show stopper for me...
    Frederick, MD - LBGE and some accessories
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited December 2018
    I'm about to buy a new Subaru outback. Makes the most sense 
    Great AWD system. That’s instead of the 4Runner right?
    Yes, instead of the Toyota. Really want it, doesn't make the most sense for us. Plus 0 percent right now with Subaru. 

Get the V6 if you can. When we test drove one for my wife that was a deal breaker. The 4Cyl felt like a go cart. We went a total different route and got a RX350.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• st¡ke
    st¡ke Posts: 276
    edited December 2018
    SGH said:
    st¡ke said:
    Ow ow ow
    Question if I may. Here is another Hamilton that Im eyeing. It’s a 992 “Rail Way Special” edition. Bidding starts at 4,500. Is it’s actual value that high or is it worth much less and they are asking that for its rarity and historical significance?

Not enough info. is there some claim being made by the seller re "history"?

The guts of a watch are what make it expensive.

That IS a railroad watch dial and case, and it's later, so it's likely high grade, but you can score these at $200 sometimes.  It really depends on condition, grade, etc.

They would sell the same model, but there could be more jewels offered, different adjustments, different bridge (structure) for the movement (more decoration, etc.), and different size (bigger is better, usually).

It's like two guys buying the same model pickup truck, and one spent $40k, the other $80K.  One may have more bells and whistles.

There's no "historical significance" unless it was owned by someone, or it is in some way unique. ...otherwise it is just "another old watch" which needs to be compared against all the others for sale.

Honestly,  I would recommend reading up on the model if it is something you are interested in.  No buyer should be taking the seller's word for it, especially on eBay, etc.

Wingate's Quality Watches (in Texas) was a dealer with a good rep, but I don't think Bob is involved any more.  I think it is just his name only.

They made 600k or more watches in this grade alone.  There are a lot of them out there.

Looks like this is a stock photo off the web.  Do you have a link to the real piece for sale, because I am finding ebay has a high of $1350 and low of $175. Wingate's , being a retailer with guarantees etc. is higher, but still only $1800  https://www.tic-tock.com/search-results?utf8=✓&search=hamilton+992+railway+special&commit=

the Sangamo and Bunn Speicals (by Hamilton) are even considered even higher grade (stuff not pertinent to "Railroad watch" specs). Wingate has them at $3500+

• st¡ke

This is the kind of pocket you really ought to check out.  Dudley Watch Co. (he broke off from Hamilton) produced Masonic Watches, high grade...

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Thinking about buying a new wallet.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Dehydrator, finally went on sale
    Elkhorn, NE
    1 large egg
    28" Blackstone
    Akorn Jr. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,001
    Legume said:
    Makes perfect sense.  Scottie keeps his wallet 28 years and then replaces it with three wallets.

For those with, ah, "more mature" derrières, do they make jeans with more than two hip pockets?  
    Asking for a friend...

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Dehydrator, finally went on sale

which one did you settle on?  

Phoenix 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,493
    New TV stand 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,001
    ^^^ @ColtsFan: What's that fireplace-looking thing in the center bottom of your TV stand?  :confused:

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,493
    Botch said:
    ^^^ @ColtsFan: What's that fireplace-looking thing in the center bottom of your TV stand?  :confused:
    That's exactly what it is. An electric fireplace. The dog made that request. She wants to lay in front of it when it's cold
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• KennyCJR
    KennyCJR Posts: 262
    edited December 2018

Technically my wife bought it...Meater temp probe. Early Christmas present. 😃
    Llano, TX   -  Med and XL BGE’s
  • KennyCJR

Ordered my wife a new set of Kuhn Rikon coated paring knives, and figured I’d try one of their chefs knives.  She loves their paring knives and they hold a decent edge, but sharpening them does damage the coating over time.   

Shuns don’t fit our needs or budget, currently.  
  • KennyCJR
    WeberWho said:
    This knife has peeked my mind for the last year or so. So I bought one for my Dad for Christmas. I lasted a week or so before I hitting the buy button for myself. Ebay has a promotion right now for people who pay with their Mastercard. $10 off a $30 purchase. So I figured I couldn't go wrong for $22 and free shipping. 

Please post a review. I love my Victorinox slicing knife.  
  • st¡ke
    edited December 2018
    Bought a couple center-cut bone-in  pork loins yesterday (to do a crown roast of pork for Boxing Day). 

Asked the meatcutter (not a butcher) if he could cut the chine bone off both. He said "sure". Asked "is this for Christmas?" and I said yeah.

He intimated that I was buying it too early and it would go bad by Christmas. I didn't bother clarifying it was actually for the day after Christmas. 

Shrug

• Lit said:
    Just bought a Weber summit charcoal. Getting delivered Sunday. 
    I was checking them out at ace hardware...they look sweet. Hopefully you’ll post a review.
    Eastern Shore Virginia 

Medium & Mini Max
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    BobDanger said:
    Lit said:
    I was checking them out at ace hardware...they look sweet. Hopefully you’ll post a review.
    It’s getting delivered Sunday and I’m off most of the next 2 weeks so I’ll be cooking. They had the table version $400 off at the ace I was at so I had to get it. 
  • Lit said:
    BobDanger said:
    Lit said:
    It’s getting delivered Sunday and I’m off most of the next 2 weeks so I’ll be cooking. They had the table version $400 off at the ace I was at so I had to get it. 

I used to have a Performer. The Summits older, less sophisticated brother. For a while after I got my BGE I stopped appreciating the simplicity of a kettle and got rid of it. Slowly I've learned to appreciate them again. That's a great price have fun with that one.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,486
    Lit said:
    BobDanger said:
    Lit said:
    I was giving that rig serious consideration when first launched a few years ago but went in a different direction.  There are a few infrequent forum participants that own or have routine access to one.  Always gets great reviews.  Have fun with it. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Eoin said:
    Collected today, a slightly damp ride home.

That pretty sweet, have never seen one before, who makes it? I have a DRZ400SM that I bought in 2016.
    Eastern Shore Virginia 

Medium & Mini Max