Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

took the large camping

So our annual camping trip was a success my wife and I take our nieces and nephews and their guest for the last 10 years now, and I took my large with us just because, the only problem is now I have to take it every trip. I would have taken MM but there was 13 of us and normally were closer to 20ppl. Anyway since we waited till it was to late in the season to book this year we went to my cabin upstate and just set up camp in the back yard. We hiked (over 185 acres) we fished we kayaked we biked we play volleyball we target shoot and skeet, we ate like kings and we drank like drunken sailors. It was a great 5 days. Here are a few photos of the food and the activities.

As you can see not an inch to spare in the car (and dont be scared the kingsford was for the regular charcoal grill)

My beautiful wife drove this car up as I took up the truck yeah thats right 2 ppl 2 cars glamping at its best

Thursday morning mist

Thursday evening fishing My second cast might I add I figured that was going to set the pace for the rest of the fishing for the week but I was wrong it was the one and only bite but still fun. I let it go as I had nothing to transport it back to cabin safely and we had plenty of food already

By Friday Morning all have arrived and tent city was set up

Friday Morning bike ride and found this elf along the way.
Friday evening dinner was pulled pork tacos with home made coleslaw grilled home grown tahiti hot peppersFridays dinner was marinaded steak on skewers and charred eggplant and cauliflower, and broccoli and grilled corn on the cob

Saturday morning hike
Sat dinner was beef short ribs asparagus baked potato and cheese tortellini in a pest sauce

Sat afternoon fishing on the east branch delaware river
sunday afternoon shooting

So many other photos but im tired im actually amazed at the fact that there isn't as many photos of the food as I thought, oh and the 1 casuality during the weekend a fractured ankle getting driven back down to the house after shooting from a chair all afternoon

and some random fire pit photos hope you all enjoyed your weekend as well.

Long Island NY    
1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18

Comments