Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

An appeal to the shaving gods....

Options
2»

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Gotta day that, while I don’t have much experience wet shaving, it’s hard to imagine anything shaving more nicely than the Rockwell 6S. Closest shave I’ve ever had (even on my head!).
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    I’d go with this. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lentsboy007
    Options
    I feel like a loser , I’ve been using a cheap Merkur from Walmart for years. Just started using Cremo lately , it’s good stuff.  No way I could get a $200 razor on my salary, but u guys make me curious.  DE is the way to go for sure , economically and performance wise. 18 years of shaving misery with cartridge razors , I have sensitive skin so the water was red when I would get done .  Discovered DE 5 years ago, I wish someone had shown me the way since day 1. My son is 9, and I look forward to putting him on the right track right away. 

1 Large Egg, Blackstone griddle

Belgium...........The Netherlands??

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    I’d go with this. 
    I had to shave my face with that "kit" once. Never again. I now always double check my shave bag to make sure I didn't forget my razor before leaving for a trip.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Powak
    Powak Posts: 1,391
    Options
    Ive shaved my eyebrows off before by forgetting to burp my large when opening the lid. Wonder if it would work as good for my  beard and hair.
  • Foghorn
    Options
    @DMW, that's the position I found myself in this weekend.  I was on vacation and only shaving every other day (2 shaves over a 4 day weekend) so I figured I could tolerate it - and I did.  But it was far from ideal.  I'm hoping that this experience will make it so that it will be a long time before I forget my toiletries bag again...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    I'm hoping that this experience will make it so that it will be a long time before I forget my toiletries bag again...
    I never leave my home without at least one razor, a lather bowl, soap and a brush. You never know when an emergency shave may pop up. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NorthPilot06
    Options
    SGH said:
    etherdome said:
    @SGH,  This may be an ignorant question but..... if I currently have a multi blade system like Mach 3 or Quattro and switch to one of these “nice” razors that only have a single blade, do I have to make several passes with the “nice razor to get a super close shave? I’m only asking because I watched a video of a guy reviewing the Parker variant who basically shaved 3 times in one shaving . Once set on 5, once on 2.5or 3 , and once on 1. Re-lathering each time.  I hope not . I’m intrigued , but don’t have time for shaving to be a 20 plus minute process!!!!!
    In a nutshell, no. One pass with a good DE razor will give you a DFS (damn fine shave). When you see folks making several passes, they are usually trying to get a BBS (baby butt smooth) shave. 
    And just to clarify, one pass with a feather blade (in a DE) results in a materially closer shave than a single pass with a Mach 3 razor - that’s my experience at least. 
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    Options
    I find that prep has more to do with a close shave than one razor blade versus another. I shave in the shower. I scrub my face and beard with shampoo and a cotton cloth. The hot water and shampoo softens things up in a big way. I use King of Shaves gel or Cremo after that, and shave with a multi blade disposable razor. I can't imagine getting a closer shave without removing a layer or two of skin in the process.
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • scdaf
    scdaf Posts: 176
    Options
    Nearly 50 years with a full beard and a hairy head.  I probably spend 10 minutes every other month on hair maintenance.

I don't exfoliate either...
  • Foghorn
    Options
    scdaf said:
    Nearly 50 years with a full beard and a hairy head.  I probably spend 10 minutes every other month on hair maintenance.

I don't exfoliate either...
    Manicure/pedicure?

mustache wax?

San Antonio, TX