Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last minute cook for........600

Options
2»

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    That's a heckuva cook.  The most I've cooked for is about 200 (leg quarters).  

Does that Klose have side firebox?  It's not obvious from the pic.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    edited August 2018
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Congrats on the effort, completion, delivery and the great fund-raiser. 
    You may want to take a couple of days off then plan for an ever bigger turn-out next year. 
    Thanks @lousubcap, already started tomorrows cook today, 300 expected..have 3 pans of malcom reeds smoked Mac and Cheese in the cold smoker, Pork Belly in the Sous Vide ( will be deep frying and glazing tomorrow , chicken wings Sou Vide later, pick up the pig this afternoon..

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lkapigian
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    That's a heckuva cook.  The most I've cooked for is about 200 (leg quarters).  

Does that Klose have side firebox?  It's not obvious from the pic.
    Thanks @foghorn , no it's really a Santa Maria pit, but when I want to smoke I load the right side and draws through to the left, works great and there is a door on the end to load sticks..
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lkapigian
    Options
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Thanks.  I was guessing it was something like that.  I also got a Klose - just a backyard version - on Craigslist.  I'm pretty happy with it even though I only use it a handful of times per year.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lkapigian
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Thanks.  I was guessing it was something like that.  I also got a Klose - just a backyard version - on Craigslist.  I'm pretty happy with it even though I only use it a handful of times per year.  
    This trailer on his site is about 12k, no money exchanged hands when I got it, he just wanted it out of his driveway...traded out a little AC work and that was it..id love to get a backyard version 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Foghorn
    Options
    That's a better deal than I got.  Mine with the mods cost (at the time) about $3600.  I got it for $850 although it wasn't in perfect condition.  I'm still very happy with the purchase.

San Antonio, TX

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Nicely done! A great dad you are. Very impressive pit
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lkapigian
    Options