Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Hunting Season 2018

FrostyEggFrostyEgg Posts: 210
edited August 10 in EggHead Forum
With the immense amount of protein consumed on this forum, I gotta think some of you guys and gals hit the woods, fields, and marshes in the fall. Just starting to get my gear together for this year's waterfowl season.

Post up your hunts and wild game cooks! I think it's important to know where your meat comes from, and I take pride in cooking what I shoot. Doing some duck breasts (blue wing teal/wood duck) wrapped in prosciutto on sunday.

Comments

• Matt86mMatt86m Posts: 97
    I have a deer tag for the Utah black powder season and an elk tag for Montana rifle. Hopefully I'll be filling the freezer this season. Have a couple fishing trips too and would like to put some fillets in there too.

Great topic!
    Cows eat grass therefore I am Vegan
    IG -->  matt_86m

• I was just talking with my wife about this last night. She said, “I want you to make that Wellington backstrap you made last year”

well babe, that’s gonna require a pretty lengthy grocery trip. So ready. I need some time in the woods. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• I think I have a couple backstraps left. Guess its time to cook em up. 

Little Rock, AR

@Biggreenpharmacist I posted the recipe a while back. What made that so great was the filling and the prosciutto wrapping. It got crispy and kept the pie crust from getting soggy. Did really well on the Egg

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,755
    I think I have a couple backstraps left. Guess its time to cook em up. 
    @Biggreenpharmacist I posted the recipe a while back. What made that so great was the filling and the prosciutto wrapping. It got crispy and kept the pie crust from getting soggy. Did really well on the Egg
    Did you use your famous crawfish filling?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
    I remember you posting it. I just figured that was above my skill level. I couldn’t remember what you used for the dough. 

Little Rock, AR

• Just pie crust. Put a little egg wash on the outside. 

@bgebrent I haven’t taken you off my Usual Suspects list. Vengeance will be mine. 

South of Nashville, TN

• PossumtrotPossumtrot Posts: 212
    @Killit_and_Grillit ; you know of any dove hunts locally?  Not one of those massive public ones.
    Near Music City
    LBGE, Joe,Jr
    Free is better than cheap
    If it's worth telling, it's worth exaggerating

• SonVoltSonVolt Posts: 965
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • milesvdustinmilesvdustin Posts: 1,408
    Ive got 30 pounds of ground deer left from last year and 4 back straps still. Gonna make a giant batch of sausage and empty that freezer out for this deer season. Hoping for 3 deer this year

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• ColbyLangColbyLang Posts: 30
    I’ve got a neck roast that’s stuffed and seasoned and deboned. That’s definitely going on the egg. Hoping for 2-3 white tails myself this year. 
  • HntnhrdHntnhrd Posts: 711
    Had these guys show up on my trail cameras this week. 

Hope to turn one into this!!

• @Killit_and_Grillit ; you know of any dove hunts locally?  Not one of those massive public ones.
    @Possumtrot I’ve been looking. Still nothing. 

South of Nashville, TN

• WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 2,704
    Check out this stud we came across at the beach a couple weeks ago
    Greensboro, NC