Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - New Toy

Options
CTMike
CTMike Posts: 3,247
I’ve been perusing Craigslist for awhile looking for one of these beasts for a decent price. Typically they seem to go for $1500 or more. Found this one 2 hours away for $600, recently refurbished. It will be used for mixing pizza dough for the WFO that will be installed late this fall, mixing sausage ingredients, and grinding meat if I can find the attachment. 

Hobart A-200 20 quart with SS bowl, dough hook, and meat hook. Runs pretty quiet for such a beast. I would upload a video but don’t know how. 

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
Southeastern CT. 

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Nice score. I can’t lie though, I was hoping that is was a Muhle R41. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    That is a beast.  Where does one store something like that?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options
    Wow, nice score
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Holy $hit, man. You are in deep now. You are going to have to change your handle to “Dark Side” because that’s where you are living these days :). Mad keloid of that score. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • CTMike
    Options
    That is a beast.  Where does one store something like that?
    In the garage. I am on the hunt for a long SS worktable to mount it to. That way when it’s time to make sausage or a huge batch of pizza dough it will be right where it’s needed. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Holy $hit, man. You are in deep now. You are going to have to change your handle to “Dark Side” because that’s where you are living these days :). Mad keloid of that score. 
    You may be on to something. A few months back it was the True 48” cooler, now this. The ODK will have a 32” Lion gasser, 36” SS Blackstone, XLBGE, MMBGE, Four Grand Mere 950 raised WFO, outdoor fridge, and 2-tap outdoor kegerator. 

I think all the money flying out the door is sucking a vacuum on the house. But like I told my wife, at least it isn’t being spent on coke and hookers. She failed to see the humor. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Nice find!  Ole Mortimer is gonna get jealous
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • CTMike
    Options
    Nice find!  Ole Mortimer is gonna get jealous
    Ol’ Mortimer has been earning his keep this year. Next weekend is our first without an event since 12MAY. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Nice score.

Mixing meat... now you've given me a reason to start looking.  I'd rather have one of these than an over priced tin sausage mixer.  Thanks!
    Phoenix 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    +1^^^
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • CTMike
    Options
    Uploaded the video to YouTube, can’t figure out how to embed it:

https://youtu.be/5110dHxd3q0

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • CTMike
    edited July 2018
    Options
    DMW said:
    @DMW Mind explaining how you did that D-Wayne?

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • DMW
    Options
    CTMike said:
    DMW said:
    Mind explaining how you did that D-Wayne?
    Sure. Hit the link to open the video on YouTube. Then click the "Share" link:

Then click the "Copy" link:

Then paste in the body of a post here.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    If you’re using an iPhone, it will just be the link. Unless somebody smarter than me knows how to do it. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    If you’re using an iPhone, it will just be the link. Unless somebody smarter than me knows how to do it. 
    Agreed. The I phone used to work, but something changed. 
  • DMW
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    Agreed. The I phone used to work, but something changed. 
    I don't have one of those iPhones things. My instructions were from browser on a computer. I use the same process for both Chrome on Windows 10 and Chrome on Mac. I haven't tried from a phone.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Careful around the meat and dough hooks - or you're gonna need a hook of a different kind.  Be sure to keep kids away from that as well.  Those come with guard cages on them now for a reason.
  • CTMike
    Options
    Careful around the meat and dough hooks - or you're gonna need a hook of a different kind.  Be sure to keep kids away from that as well.  Those come with guard cages on them now for a reason.
    Yup, I already told the wife that I will be purchasing/installing the guard cage before this thing is ever put to use. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CornfedMA
    CornfedMA Posts: 491
    Options
    CTMike said:
    Yup, I already told the wife that I will be purchasing/installing the guard cage before this thing is ever put to use. 
    No joke. My father in-law has one. In addition to being an absolute beast to grind meat in, it’s also an absolute man eater. I double ground the better part of entire black bear with the grinding attachment in under an hour. 
  • CTMike
    Options
    CornfedMA said:
    CTMike said:
    No joke. My father in-law has one. In addition to being an absolute beast to grind meat in, it’s also an absolute man eater. I double ground the better part of entire black bear with the grinding attachment in under an hour. 
    That’s great to hear, sounds like I won’t need to buy a dedicated grinder. Thanks for the info. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Ayup.
    I didn't post it when it happened (about a year ago) but some girl in SLC got caught up in one of those, gruesome as hell, and she was torn to bits.  :(

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Shoot, I'm sorry Mike.  You got a helluva deal and I post gruesome stuff!  
    AM glad you're getting a cage for it!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• CTMike
    Options
    Botch said:
    Shoot, I'm sorry Mike.  You got a helluva deal and I post gruesome stuff!  
    AM glad you're getting a cage for it!  
    No worries, PSA’s are always appreciated. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Fantastic score Mike. You are set up for rock n roll now. Congratulations my friend.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    That looks like a lot of fun, Mike!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Great score and glad to hear that your business is continuing the strong upward trend.  Congrats on that front as well.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • EagleIII
    EagleIII Posts: 415
    Options

YOWZA....Awesome!

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    CTMike said:
     She failed to see the humor. 
    They never do!☺️
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    those are awesome.  used to use one at boston market.... i think i used it to make mashed potatoes and cornbread mix.  i've blocked most of those memories from my head.  @jacksdad used to yell from the front:

"THROW DOWN RUDY ROLLS! I NEED RUDY ROLLS!" 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle