Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dollar Shave Club

Options
slovelad
slovelad Posts: 1,742
It tickles my fancy, but hey, call me simple...

Also, here is a shot of some pork belly I've got rolling in the mini right now 

Comments

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    My God, man, these kind of posts need to be done in Russian!
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Or. 
    Боже мой, мужик, такие должности нужно делать по-русски!
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

That'd mean throwing away 52 unused razors per year...

Phoenix 
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,361
    Options
    Jacksonville FL
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Lol

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I love the great use of the mighty mini. However I cant say that I’m to fond of the choice of razor. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Razor schmazor.  They're all the same.  At the end you are shaved.  The only key is how much time did you waste doing it.
    Could not disagree more strongly.  disavow that green slime in the 'edge' can, get a good Badger brush and make your own lather and get a decent razor and start your day off right.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Razor schmazor.  They're all the same.  At the end you are shaved.  The only key is how much time did you waste doing it.
    Could not disagree more strongly.  disavow that green slime in the 'edge' can, get a good Badger brush and make your own lather and get a decent razor and start your day off right.
    Interestingly, @Spaightlabs, I have two people agreeing with my statement and only you disagreeing with it.  

I knew I might catch the attention of someone who views shaving differently than I do.  I just didn't know it would be you.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• baychilla
    baychilla Posts: 387
    Options
    At the end of the day you may as well eat alpo, it still feeds you.  What kind of logic is that?
    Near San Francisco in California
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    Just shave in the shower with cheap hair conditioner.  Use one of these

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    And they are actually really sharp (unlike multi blade stuff) and stay sharp for longer. A single blade feather in a DE razor works way better for longer than any disposable multi blade.
  • lentsboy007
    lentsboy007 Posts: 416
    Options
    Old fashioned safety razor and Barbosol , shave every day for about $20 a year. Tried everything and have been on this 5 years.  Will never change 

1 Large Egg, Blackstone griddle

Belgium...........The Netherlands??

• SGH
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Razor schmazor.  They're all the same.  
    This is simply not true. It’s like saying a grill is a grill or a truck is a truck. 
    I have a hunch that you was probably only kidding. However if you really are sincere in your thoughts, simply shave one side of your face with whatever razor that you currently use and then shave the other side with the Muhle R41. I give you my word you will no longer believe that all razors are the same.  Most folks that have never used a DE razor and try to jump in with an aggressive razor like the Muhle usually end looking like they have been in a knife fight. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    What’s a decent starter DE?
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • SGH
    edited July 2018
    Options
    RedSkip said:
    What’s a decent starter DE?
    There are many great ones. I usually recommend the Parker Variant because it’s adjustable. It will save you from having to buy a different razor in the future. You can turn it down to its lowest setting for a very safe shave. As you get use to it you can start putting it on higher settings for more aggression. It’s a great razor for beginners and seasoned vets due to its adjustability. 
    The Merkur Futur falls into this same category. However the Futur is extremely large. Thus if you have small hands and/or a small face, the Futur is not really for you. 
    It’s hard to recommend a beginner razor to someone without knowing a few things about the person like face and hand size. However the Parker Variant is not overly large and it is adjustable so it’s usually the one I recommend. It’s a great, well made razor at a reasonable price that you will never out grow due to its adjustability. Again, if you have big hands and a large face, then go with the Future. If you don’t, give the Variant a look.  
    For the record, as great as it is, in no way is the Muhle R41 for beginners. It is simply to aggressive.  

Status- Standing by.

• RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    @sgh Appreciate the detailed write up.  With a little searching I found a good review.  This guy has your same passion.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z9XsNypWtuc
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • SGH
    Options
    RedSkip said:
    @sgh Appreciate the detailed write up. 
    My pleasure brother. I will always do my very best to help a man cook better or get a great shave. It’s about the only two things that I’m good at so I’m always happy to help out. 

Status- Standing by.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    For each Muhle R41 sold, @SGH gets a free firewire.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I think Scottie is manipulating the Muhle marketplace with all of this hype. He cornered the Muhle market back in the late 80s and is looking to make a large profit. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I think Scottie is manipulating the Muhle marketplace with all of this hype. He cornered the Muhle market back in the late 80s and is looking to make a large profit. 
    You know what, that explains everything. Scottie is just pumping his stock and since hipster beards seem to be in style, something needs to be done.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    baychilla said:
    At the end of the day you may as well eat alpo, it still feeds you.  What kind of logic is that?
    @baychilla, that's a legit question.  I'll give you a legit answer.

One of the reasons I look forward to weekends is because I don't have to shave.  I don't look forward to days when I don't have to eat.

And now there are 5 who have agreed with my original statement and only one who has disagreed.  

That doesn't make me 'right" as there is no right or wrong on this.  It may just be that I am not sophisticated enough to appreciate a fine shave.  I get that.  

But mostly I just wanted to get a rise out of the sophisticated shavers here.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• baychilla
    Options
    @Foghorn ah I understand. 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    baychilla said:

One of the reasons I look forward to weekends is because I don't have to shave.  I don't look forward to days when I don't have to eat.

And now there are 5 who have agreed with my original statement and only one who has disagreed.  

That doesn't make me 'right" as there is no right or wrong on this.  It may just be that I am not sophisticated enough to appreciate a fine shave.  I get that.  

People on here are polite (mostly), almost British in fact.  Normally it's agree or simply nothing. The fact that you got one disagree that wasn't just fat fingers is notable.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Foghorn said:
    baychilla said:

People on here are polite (mostly), almost British in fact.  Normally it's agree or simply nothing. The fact that you got one disagree that wasn't just fat fingers is notable.
    Jump on the discussion/comments section anywhere on http://www.foxnews.com/ to see one extreme where all pretense of civilized society is defenestrated.

Options
    Eoin said:
    Foghorn said:
    baychilla said:

Jump on the discussion/comments section anywhere on http://www.foxnews.com/ to see one extreme where all pretense of civilized society is defenestrated.

I thought that was any part of the internet whenever politics were discussed. 
  • SandyHookEgger
    Options
    @nolaegghead may have just changed the debate!
  • baychilla
    Options
    @nolaegghead may have just changed the debate!

Original > Extra Crispy