Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RTIC or Yeti?

Options
1235»

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,363
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Man its hard to argue the price on the RTIC's.  Half the cost of Yeti and given that Yeti's patents expired its basically the exact same cooler now. I sure do love that new Gray Yeti though....
    What patents did Yeti ever have for their coolers? They have one on the silicone closures, but anything else?
    I honestly I am not sure. Nolaegghead sent a link above that lists all of their patents if you are interested. I had just heard that through the grapevine that they had patents expire which is why in the last year everyone went 90 miles an hour ripping off their designs.
    Sometimes companies fail to keep up the renewal payments. A guy I dealt with was big on saying his system was patented, but had let them lapse due to not paying for renewal.
    In the US, patents are for a fixed term, there are no renewals or renewal payments.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,794
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I have this cooler ordered now. The Igloo BMX. 

Another ice kicker for a very reasonable price. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.