Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What muscle car would you buy?

Options

Comments

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    gy3772 said:
    Here’s mine. I love it! Plus it’s a limited edition. Documented as 1 of 320. 

What makes yours a limited addition?

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• ewyllins
    ewyllins Posts: 461
    edited May 2018
    Options
    IMHO the greatest American car ever built...I'm a vette junkie though so take that for what its worth. Even more rare then a split window, stinger , or fuelie.

http://www.corvettereport.com/roger-judski-buys-one-of-two-official-1969-zl-1-corvettes/
    O-Town, FL

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    gy3772 said:

Welcom to the fûckin forum!
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,034
    Options
    gy3772 said:

Hellofa first post.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I’m enjoying a BMW X1 with after market performance tune and sports suspension - it’s very quick and agile.  Seriously, I’m thinking I’m having more fun than if I was driving any of your options.

Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    I’m enjoying a BMW X1 with after market performance tune and sports suspension - it’s very quick and agile.  Seriously, I’m thinking I’m having more fun than if I was driving any of your options.

Looks like the hatch with the lowered suspension. What engine? M135i is my daily.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Shucks, only one choice for me.....'64 Pontiac GTO.
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Eoin said:

Looks like the hatch with the lowered suspension. What engine? M135i is my daily.
    It’s the 2.0 liter turbo, with DINAN Stage 1 - DINAN says it boost HP to 312.  I really liked the power of the 35i, but didn’t like the 6 spd trans, and my daily commute is about 100 miles round trip.

I bet that 135 is a blast to drive!
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    This is my boss' boss' boss' car. Bugatti.  And he has not one, but two, jets.  One domestic, one transcontinental.  
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,913
    Options
    JethroVA said:
    This is my boss' boss' boss' car. Bugatti.  And he has not one, but two, jets.  One domestic, one transcontinental.  
    Aren't you in the auto salvage biz or am I confusing you with someone else? If I was right were those 2 autos wrecks that were rebuilt? OR is he just THAT rich?!!!
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @RRP, no I'm not in the auto salvage business. Ive been in healthcare since 1991.  The big big boss is a billionaire healthcare entrepreneur who has started and sold many companies.  last one he sold for half a Billion (that's a B not an M) to a big pharma company.  He bought that car new $2.7 million +/-.
    Me? I'm front line, customer -facing operations dude making oncologists happy with technology and services.  

From what I've read, that Bugatti Chiron set the world record for zero to 400 KPH (250 MPH) back down to zero in 42 seconds.  

A bit too flamboyant  for me.  My choice for a performance car would be an Aston Martin but that doesn't meet the muscle car definition of this thread.  So I'd have to go with a big block V8 convertible Cutlass Supreme circa 1970s.  
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    The car pictured is a Bugatti Veyron, not the newer Chiron. Both are ridiculously impressive and engineered. What they are not is record holders as a small upstart from Sweden, Christian Von Koenisegg, spanked Bugatti by 5 seconds in that same test. I’m sure I couldn’t afford a set of tires for that thing. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,040
    Options
    MJG said:
    The car pictured is a Bugatti Veyron, not the newer Chiron. Both are ridiculously impressive and engineered. What they are not is record holders as a small upstart from Sweden, Christian Von Koenisegg, spanked Bugatti by 5 seconds in that same test. I’m sure I couldn’t afford a set of tires for that thing. 
    Tires are something like $36,000. Some Veyron owners will switch out wheels and tires so that they aren't constantly buying new tires
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    JethroVA said:
    @RRP, no I'm not in the auto salvage business. Ive been in healthcare since 1991.  The big big boss is a billionaire healthcare entrepreneur who has started and sold many companies.  last one he sold for half a Billion (that's a B not an M) to a big pharma company.  He bought that car new $2.7 million +/-.
    Me? I'm front line, customer -facing operations dude making oncologists happy with technology and services.  

From what I've read, that Bugatti Chiron set the world record for zero to 400 KPH (250 MPH) back down to zero in 42 seconds.  

A bit too flamboyant  for me.  My choice for a performance car would be an Aston Martin but that doesn't meet the muscle car definition of this thread.  So I'd have to go with a big block V8 convertible Cutlass Supreme circa 1970s.  
    Funny (and also unfunny) story here... Unfortunately, my grandfathers passed young on both sides, so I never met either. When my mother’s father died, my grandmother was in need of a new car and bought a Cutlass Supreme. My grandmother was one rad’ lady. 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,913
    Options
    $36K per tire? Holy sh*t! Earlier in this thread I had posted a picture of our '95 Corvette which we bought brand spanking new for $36K!

With under 1k miles on the odometer my wife had "tried" to parrell park and managed to scrape the front wheel against the curb all 360 degrees! 

Thankfully that "trick"  did not hurt that tire itself just the wheel. I bought a new one even after I choked up when the GM salesman said that will be $412.78 ... Will this be cash or charge card?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,178
    Options
    Rambler ...

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,034
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    MJG said:
    Tires are something like $36,000. Some Veyron owners will switch out wheels and tires so that they aren't constantly buying new tires
    Ahmm... if you can afford the Veyron in the first place... you aren’t bothered with saving money on tires.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • WeberWho
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    MJG said:
    Ahmm... if you can afford the Veyron in the first place... you aren’t bothered with saving money on tires.
    I believe it's more for Bugatti rentals or owners who want to sell in original condition. 36K is pocket change for true Bugatti owners
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    RRP said:
    $36K per tire? Holy sh*t! Earlier in this thread I had posted a picture of our '95 Corvette which we bought brand spanking new for $36K!

With under 1k miles on the odometer my wife had "tried" to parrell park and managed to scrape the front wheel against the curb all 360 degrees! 

Thankfully that "trick"  did not hurt that tire itself just the wheel. I bought a new one even after I choked up when the GM salesman said that will be $412.78 ... Will this be cash or charge card?
    36K is a set of four tires. After you go through 3 sets of tires you need to buy four new rims. Which are 120K

Minnesota
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    saw a 74 El Camino 454 SS go for $12,500on Mecum Houston.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    @JethroVA man your boss' boss' boss is right up there in @RRP & @SGH territory!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Markarm4119
    Markarm4119 Posts: 526
    Options
    My older brother had Plymouth GODs, with the 440 interceptor under the hood, ran like a bat out of bell in a straight line but rode like a log wagon, traded them for bass boats back in the day.
    My dream 67 mustang convertible went up in smoke and became my daughters 300 person Catholic wedding, oh well it made her happy !
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • Markarm4119
    Markarm4119 Posts: 526
    Options
    Supposed to by GTX
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    Options
    An 1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass 442. Someday...

NW IOWA
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,591
    Options
    JethroVA said:
    I sure hope that Waste Management driver is not texting with that pick up...
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    JethroVA said:
    Place where dad bought his Maserati sells them.  Those cars are huge.  They have a customer who orders a new one every time he takes delivery of one.  He has taken delivery of 3 and 4th one is on the way.  Think there is a 3-4 year waiting list for a brand new one.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL