Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Korean "Thunder" Chicken

zahuliozahulio Posts: 53
edited May 7 in Poultry

Made"Korean Thunder Chicken" last night. Was amazing! Wife and kids at the entire thing up. I was worried the char would make it taste burnt, and I was wrong!. It adds to the flavor in this recipe (maybe because of the sugar content from honey in the marinade?).

Recipe; https://halalpitmasters.com/…/korean-thunder-chicken-by-wa…/

Cooked on my XL Big Green Egg at 400 degrees. Direct 5-7 minutes per side to develop char, then indirect until internal temperature hit 165 (about 30-40 minutes).

Comments

• CarolinaCrazyCarolinaCrazy Posts: 571
    Looks delicious.

I love that they cooked it on a basic park grill in the recipe you used. Quite the "pitmasters".

1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC
  • SSQUAL612SSQUAL612 Posts: 897
    Looks like it turned out great...I'd tear it up.
    SoCal  XL BGE 2016, MES, 18.5 WSM,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 8,054
    Way nice

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • TheophanTheophan Posts: 2,132
    Looks great!!!
  • SSQUAL612SSQUAL612 Posts: 897
    Gave this a shot last night on my WSM...I’ll be doing this one again.  Thanks for sharing.
    SoCal  XL BGE 2016, MES, 18.5 WSM,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • zahuliozahulio Posts: 53
    SSQUAL612 said:
    Gave this a shot last night on my WSM...I’ll be doing this one again.  Thanks for sharing.
    Looks good! Glad it came out well. 

When I made it, I shared with our neighbors. They thought it was the best chicken they’ve ever had!
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,859
    Looks great, bookmarked
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.