Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT RIP Barbara Bush

lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 3,191
Rest Well First Lady 
Visalia, Ca

Comments

• FockerFocker Posts: 8,364
    Godspeed "Enforcer".
    Heard she was on hospice at home.
    What a great life/legacy.  B)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• thetrimthetrim Posts: 6,096
    She is at peace. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DobieDobie Posts: 2,411
    What a life she had though. GH probably not far behind either. 
    Not playing well with others in Jacksonville FL
  • dmchicagodmchicago Posts: 1,143
    I've always admired her. A one of a kind lady.

R.I.P.

Agree GHWB may not be far behind.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • DMWDMW Posts: 12,702
    She was above partisanship, an honorable person. RIP Barbara. 
    My Facebook Page where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle
  • Ozzie_IsaacOzzie_Isaac Posts: 8,920
    First class all the way.
    If it is worth doing, it is worth overdoing.

XL, Medium, Minimax, Mini, Blackstone, WSM
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 16,998
    RIP 
    She kept it classy.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • JNDATHPJNDATHP Posts: 280
    Amen - classy and loyal!
    Michael
    Large BGE
    Reno, NV
  • HeavyGHeavyG Posts: 5,050
    edited April 18
    Definitely a classy and sensible person.

One of just two women who married a future President and gave birth to a future President.

Her observations about some people were also always spot on.

Camped out in the (757/804)
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 27,259
    Classy lady.  They don't make them like that anymore.

• GATravellerGATraveller Posts: 5,572
    She was a true matriarch.  Need more women like her in politics!
    God bless.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • berndcrispberndcrisp Posts: 1,087
    HeavyG said:

One of just two women who married a future President and gave birth to a future President.

Who was the other?
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• kl8tonkl8ton Posts: 2,308
    I just lowered the flag here at work.  She epitomized what a first lady should be.
    LBGE - 36Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
    HeavyG said:

Who was the other?
    Abigail Adams

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • TeefusTeefus Posts: 632
    I've heard that she was adored by her Secret Service security detail, as she was very kind to them. She seemed like someone it would be easy to like.
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 6,592
    That's remarkable @Photo Egg.  It's always good to hear when the "behind the scenes" info matches the in-the-spotlight persona.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 7,986
    Foghorn said:
    That's remarkable @Photo Egg.  It's always good to hear when the "behind the scenes" info matches the in-the-spotlight persona.
    Truly one of the coolest things in my life so far. I got to do this twice. I have a great photo with Mrs. Bush from the second visit. The SS agents were also very nice and friendly when they were not in action mode. I remember at least 2 of them commenting on how much of an honor it was watching over Mrs. Bush when we were talking about their past assignments.
    Very overwhelming and special experience.
    With my current involvement in this forum I'm not sure I would pass the Secret Service screening again.lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • SSQUAL612SSQUAL612 Posts: 971
    My favorite First Lady & felt like she was a surrogate Grandmother.  RIP Silver Fox. 
    SoCal  XL BGE 2016, MES, 18.5 WSM,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • tml1230tml1230 Posts: 220
    A GREAT wife, mother, First Lady and  American..all of the above posts say it all.
    Sarasota Fl. and  Lake Toxaway N.C. (and Novembers on the island of Kauai) (and April in France.... Don't hate on me for that)
    BGE  medium and minimax
    HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !
    2nd like for "sinkah".
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Dennis - Austin,TX

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 3,191
    This area is in an uproar over this, her Tenure is not going to save her...
    Visalia, Ca
  • blastingblasting Posts: 5,654

Special place in hell for a person like this ^^^ trash.  Despicable.

Mrs. Bush was a great example to all.

Phoenix 
  • DobieDobie Posts: 2,411
    Not playing well with others in Jacksonville FL
    Wow. What an assholi. 

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • FockerFocker Posts: 8,364
    Pathetic, disgraceful.  

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."