Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gochujang Smoked Meatballs

bgebrent
bgebrent Posts: 19,636
Had some Gochujang hanging around in the fridge needing a purpose. Had bookmarked this 

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1193953/smoked-spicy-korean-style-gochujang-meatballs#latest

a while ago and teed it up.  Friggin delicious, and hot in a great way(was liberal with the Gochujang).  It's what's for lunch.






Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
«1

Comments

  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Your a cooking fool Brent, nice job as usual.
                                                                
    _________________________________________________
    Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story!
    Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014, 36" Blackstone, Anova Sous Vide
    Green Man Group 
    Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,374
    Excellent!  
    I made some gochujang-sauced short ribs a couple weekends ago; this just went on the menu for tomorrow.  Thanks!  :triumph:
    _____________

    "I put spot remover on my dog and now he's gone" - Steven Wright


  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 1,961
    That last shot is awesome, great cook.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------


  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Oh Lordy! Those look awesome, and the presentation is top quality. Nice work B!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    blind99 said:
    Oh Lordy! Those look awesome, and the presentation is top quality. Nice work B!
    Thank you brother blind.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,550
    Wow- that plated pic is fantastic. 

    Definately have to make these 
    Greensboro, NC
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,974
    I love this meal. Looks so delicious. Only problem......not enough on that plate.
    In fact, that would be just enough to piz me off.
    Beautiful cook Brent, as always.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

    XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    YukonRon said:
    I love this meal. Looks so delicious. Only problem......not enough on that plate.
    In fact, that would be just enough to piz me off.
    Beautiful cook Brent, as always.
    Funny Ron, I didn’t quite finish it. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,974
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    I love this meal. Looks so delicious. Only problem......not enough on that plate.
    In fact, that would be just enough to piz me off.
    Beautiful cook Brent, as always.
    Funny Ron, I didn’t quite finish it. 
    That plate would have never stood a chance....just sayin'.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

    XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    I love this meal. Looks so delicious. Only problem......not enough on that plate.
    In fact, that would be just enough to piz me off.
    Beautiful cook Brent, as always.
    Funny Ron, I didn’t quite finish it. 
    That plate would have never stood a chance....just sayin'.
    Seafood will be next.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • CornfedMA
    CornfedMA Posts: 491

    I need these meatballs in my life...
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Botch said:
    Excellent!  
    I made some gochujang-sauced short ribs a couple weekends ago; this just went on the menu for tomorrow.  Thanks!  :triumph:
    Brother Botch, add a bit more moisture than the recipe calls for.  2 T whole milk/stock.  Mod I’d use next time.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    That plate is spectacular. I’m making this for sure. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Whoa -- looks and sounds AMAZING!  How did I miss this in previous posts!  Definitely adding that to my list!
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    SciAggie said:
    That plate is spectacular. I’m making this for sure. 
    Theophan said:
    Whoa -- looks and sounds AMAZING!  How did I miss this in previous posts!  Definitely adding that to my list!
    My friends, this is for those who like “hot”.  I like red hot.  If you or your guests are heat sensitive, dial back the Gochujang by half.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,100
    Your hot salty balls have caused a great deal of excitement, apparently.
    ______________________________________________
    I love lamp..
  • I’m overloaded with inappropriate comments. 

    "Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

    South of Nashville, TN

  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Your hot salty balls have caused a great deal of excitement, apparently.
    Wait till he cooks sausage.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,678
    Goodness gracious, great balls of Fire!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,374
    bgebrent said:
    Botch said:
    Excellent!  
    I made some gochujang-sauced short ribs a couple weekends ago; this just went on the menu for tomorrow.  Thanks!  :triumph:
    Brother Botch, add a bit more moisture than the recipe calls for.  2 T whole milk/stock.  Mod I’d use next time.
    Did you happen to note the fat content of the beef you used?  Market had 95%, 88% and 80%, I grabbed the 80% as usual (and not because it's cheepest).    
    _____________

    "I put spot remover on my dog and now he's gone" - Steven Wright


  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Botch said:
    bgebrent said:
    Botch said:
    Excellent!  
    I made some gochujang-sauced short ribs a couple weekends ago; this just went on the menu for tomorrow.  Thanks!  :triumph:
    Brother Botch, add a bit more moisture than the recipe calls for.  2 T whole milk/stock.  Mod I’d use next time.
    Did you happen to note the fat content of the beef you used?  Market had 95%, 88% and 80%, I grabbed the 80% as usual (and not because it's cheepest).    
    80:20.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,520
    Awesome lunch!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,160
    Oh my....just Gawjus!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

    Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Oh my....just Gawjus!
    Tailgate worthy my friend.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,611
    I’ll take a plate over here, please.  

    #1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Those look fantastic. Great cook!
    (now only 16 stone)

    Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

    Austin, TX
  • UncleBilly
    UncleBilly Posts: 225
    Looks amazing!  Love Gochujang!  Found a recipe for Korean BBQ sauce that uses Gochujang, sesame oil, soy sauce and Sprite.  It’s more of a dipping sauce than a thick and sticky bbq sauce, but is super good,
    XL  Central Ohio
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,374
    Oh, meant to mention this on my other post.  I just opened a new brand of gochujang, and it didn't taste quite right.  Read thru the ingredients, and it didn't include fermented rice, which is what I thought distinguished gochujang from other chile pastes.  I'll be going  back to the "tub" I bought on Amazoid.  
    _____________

    "I put spot remover on my dog and now he's gone" - Steven Wright


  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    How do you not weigh 500#? 6 hour a day workouts? Bravo.