Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Joetisserie Ribs

weeshon74weeshon74 Posts: 11
edited January 9 in EggHead Forum
I just got a Joetisserie for my Large BGE and decided to give ribs a shot today. I cooked 3 racks and ran the rod through the center of each 1/2 rack and separated each by wrapping foil around the spit. I ran 4 kabobs through each rack to keep them from moving on the spit. I cooked them just at or slightly under 300 degrees for 3 hours. Tented them with foil for 15 minutes and just sliced them. Rubbed with a 50/50 mix of Bad Byron’s Butt Rub and Brown Sugar. They turned out really good. 

Comments

• WoodchunkWoodchunk Posts: 638
    Winner
  • stv8rstv8r Posts: 656
    They look so delicious!
  • mEGG_My_DaymEGG_My_Day Posts: 564
    Nice job!!
    Memphis, TN 
  • Strong first post. 

Looks great. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Have to try this, been looking for more uses of tne joetisserie 
    XL, 2-Lg, Mini, 36" Blackstone (Formerly CM23)
  • Hans61Hans61 Posts: 3,452
    Looks like fun!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Welcome to the forum. Looks like you know what you are doing. Great looking ribs. 
    Snellville, GA

• eggnewtoyeggnewtoy Posts: 416
    Ribs on the joe are great. Spin ours for 3 hours at 300 and they turn out great.  great way to do multiple racks.  Thx for sharing
    BGE Large and MiniMax, Napolean 500.  Obsessed with rotisserie.  

• greg70greg70 Posts: 2
    awesome looking ribs and way to think outside the box. i am going to try this. were the ribs tough at all?
  • The_StacheThe_Stache Posts: 864
    You had me at RIBS!!!  Gonna have to try this!!

In a full time state of entropious nebulinity as Head Brewmeister and Chief Flatulator @ Rancho Loco Brewery and Flatutorium, Kirkland, TN

• weeshon74weeshon74 Posts: 11
    @greg70 They were not tough at all. Probably some of the best ones I’ve done! @The_Stache let me know how they turn out! I’m spinning some more tomorrow. 
  • bluebird66bluebird66 Posts: 2,074
    Welcome and those look great!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va