Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Idea For New Area Eggfest

Been kicking this around with some of the guys who live in the mid-Atlantic area, like @DMW, @Hapster, and @Eggcelsior.  There are a few smaller type fests around there but nothing major that would really bring people together east and west of DC.  

So... something covering all the way from East Delaware to Upper Pennsylvania might be well received.  Might call it the Egg Fest From Eastern Delaware to Upper Pennsylvania, or EFFEDUP for short.  What do you folks think? Would anyone be interested in going to that?  Maybe around June?  Just spitballing here.
"If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

Comments

• td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 1,367
    Love the acronym. I may have to fly in from the left coast for that one. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • jeffwitjeffwit Posts: 1,139
    I’d be interested. I live on 85 about 60 miles north (actually east) of Atlanta, so I might be able to offer some opinions on places to host it, too. Plenty of state parks in the area. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 4 dogs, five cats. One overworked vacuum cleaner.
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 11,563
    Oh man just realized that acronym might not be all that family friendly.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 26,662
    Could y'all hold it under a bridge?  Makes it more "troll-friendly".  Maybe we could git some of them wall-flowers out from korn kountry...

• bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,468
    Is there a petting zoo at effedup?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 11,922
    An "evil" petting zoo?

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 16,770
    Definitely ripe for clarity of thought on a Saturday night.
    Traction when the fog lifts??  However, a worthwhile concept even on a Saturday.   
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
    bgebrent said:
    Is there a petting zoo at effedup?
    Another one?  That’s kind of EFFEDUP of you, Brent.

Hey maybe this acronym works ok after all.

• GATravellerGATraveller Posts: 5,397
    I spent over half my life effedup 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
    Oh and in case it wasn’t clear, we’d be looking to hold this in the Village of Intercourse, PA.  

• WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 2,650
    Climax, NC?
    Greensboro, NC
    lousubcap said:
    Definitely ripe for clarity of thought on a Saturday night.
    Traction when the fog lifts??  However, a worthwhile concept even on a Saturday.   
    ^^^ this guy gets things!

• g8golferg8golfer Posts: 845
    Is that Amish country? Be great to get some Amish to show up. 
  • DMWDMW Posts: 12,464
    My Facebook Page where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle
  • SamIAm2SamIAm2 Posts: 759
    Prolly better not hold it in Blue Ball, Pa even if it is close to Philadelphia.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
    For those who can’t quite... come all the way ... to Intercourse, there will be a smaller, slightly more painful gathering in Blue Ball.

@DMW - that line never worked with the ladies in Berks or Lancaster counties. Just saying.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • kweitzkweitz Posts: 275
    Count me in. 

Charles Town, West-by-God Virginia

Sazco large Casa-Q

Large BGE

SamIAm2 said:
    @DMW - that line never worked with the ladies in Berks or Lancaster counties. Just saying.
    @SamIAm2 - When were you in Berks/Lancaster? I grew up in Lancaster county, now live in Berks.
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle
    Would you believe Womelsdorf (1953 to 1968)? Robesonia for school except for about 1.5 years in Easton.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 16,770
    @SamIAm2 - you ever mess with Larry Holmes while in Easton??  =)
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
    edited January 7
    g8golfer said:
    Is that Amish country? Be great to get some Amish to show up. 
    It is Amish country. One of the small Eggfests around here is held by an Amish BGE Dealer (Meadow Creek BBQ Supply), one of the best dealers in my opinion. And plenty of Amish show up for it. I've cooked at that Eggfest several times and I know the owner. I'm sure we could get Amish attendance, they love to put free meat in their mouth.

Morgantown, PA

@DMW - you should cook up another batch of your hot, salty nuts.

• bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,468
    With your extra large. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
    I had DMW's smoking hot nuts in my mouth just the other day.   Mmmm mmmm mmmm those things are tasty!

bgebrent said:
    With your extra large. 
    You mean these?

Morgantown, PA

• Sea2SkiSea2Ski Posts: 2,648
    @DMW is about 30 mins from me.
    I think @hapster is about 15 mins from me. 
    Where is @Eggcelsior from?

Anyone willing to stop by is welcome whenever they want to stop by. I have a 400 long main driveway,  another 150 foot section that goes around the house to the backyard, and a couple of wooded acres. Could park the equivalent of about 15 cars fine,  20-25 packed in tight. Shorter campers welcome as well. No dumping!!!!

No petting zoo, but I do have chickens.  Let me know when/if you are coming so I can lock them up so they are safe from amorous affections and/or the knife.

I might be able to get a pure bred Mangalista pig for a good price depending on exact time of year.

Is there really any interest?

--------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------
    lousubcap said:
    @SamIAm2 - you ever mess with Larry Holmes while in Easton??  =)
    Nope, Larry was a year older than me and he left school in 7th grade so he was gone before I got there. I know you were just messing with me Cap.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.