Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking a Rose Bowl Butt in 10 degrees (high) Central Ohio. You?

Options
Go Baker!

Boomer Sooner! 
New Albany, Ohio 

Comments

• Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Only thing I have cooked today is a cup of coffee! It's 57 and foggy here in Okeechobee FL Happy New Year to all.

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    15# brisket fighting it's way through the cold at -14 degrees.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Just fired up the LBGE- at 5*F (it doesn't care but i do).  Plan to toss in a 9 lb brisket whenever it gets to temp.  Handling the hardware is quite refreshing for sure.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CanadianAnvil
    Options
    We did wings last night outside in the fryer, it was -35
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Lamb shanks.

GO DAWGS! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • kingsmoke
    kingsmoke Posts: 151
    Options
    over the top chili .  5 degrees in west michigan . Go Wolverines !
    Grand Rapids , Mi
    LBGE -  28Blackstone - Saber grill
  • bikesAndBBQ
    Options
    Baby backs going on soon at 7 here in Pittsburgh 
    Pittsburgh, PA. LBGE
  • Boileregger
    Options
    Carrying on our New Years brisket tradition with a 13 lber on now.  A balmy 28 degrees here in Seattle area.
  • Smokeydawg
    Options
    24 degrees in Georgia. Small butt on for the wife and I. Go Dawgs!
    Dacula, GA       LG & MM BGE's   
  • kingsmoke
    kingsmoke Posts: 151
    Options
    Should be ready for noon kickoff
    Grand Rapids , Mi
    LBGE -  28Blackstone - Saber grill
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    13° here with wind chill is 0°. Buy is on and it’s 11:35 and OU still sucks.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    Cooking a pork shank and some sausages from @20stone and @caliking, and @The Cen-Tex Smoker's last butcher session on one of our pigs.  Not sure who I'm cheering for - I guess I'll figure it out when/if I watch the game.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Decided last night to cook a big ol' pot of chili today. Started out as Cindy Reed's Texas Red, but somehow some red kidney beans, cannellinis, an onion and some tomatoes fell into the pot. Best part, the chilis... ancho, chipotle and habanero!

It was about 6-8° when I started, but I long ago got over the insane "need" to cook outside when temps are in the single digits or worse. I do it once in a while, but I'm not a fanatic. If I was doing a butt or some ribs, I would suck it up and head outside. For chili, I just add some smoked paprika! :rofl:

Besides, the house smells wonderful!! =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Go Baker!

Boomer Sooner! 
    Didn’t he plant his OU flag in your field turf? 
  • Dlahood
    Dlahood Posts: 13
    Options
    Chx wings on LBGE.  Got my ass handed to me the other night on a brisket.  My first one, turned out dry and tough. No dog in the fight but  Bama vs. Oklahoma 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Just waiting for about 50% of the flat to declare victory then off to FTC:

Heat wave now; 16*F.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    By the way, when I went to light the egg it was sleeting here in San Antonio.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    Options
    @lousubcap no butcher paper?  Handling that brisket like a boss I see...  ;)
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @GoooDawgs - I am lazy once the cook starts and run nekked to the finish-line for 95+% of brisket cooks.  I may "see the light" but I'm good for now.  It is now participating in FTC.  It was a small Costco prime (less than 9lbs post-trim) and looks like mostly flat.  Time will tell.  
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Since this is my first brisket of 2018 it qualifies as worst and best.  In reality I score it around 7.5 on a scale of 10.  Given the small size and initial appearance when trimming, it was adequate for under 9 lbs.  As usual-poor pic (I will have to get a new phone for any change in that regard). Natives hungry so that contributed to the great presentation  ;)

Thanks for lookin'.  
    Happy New Year.  
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    18* and a bit windy here.  Beef tenderlion.  Normally like to spend more time outside with my cook, but not today.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Go Baker!

Boomer Sooner! 
    Didn’t he plant his OU flag in your field turf? 
    He did. I more more anti-UGA 
    New Albany, Ohio