Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

House full of locusts, err, teenage boys

Options
oldest teen monster has three friends over. Requested smash burgers and fries. 

Fries soaking. 

Fried end up some pickles for a snack.
Gone in 60 sec is an understatement.  I didn't get a single one. 

Next up some fried shrooms, abts and then the main event. 

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    I'm sure this is not your first rodeo with your son and his friends.  For them it truly is quantity over quality.  They will inhale anything offered and then some.  Feed 'em right and they will never leave.  Enjoy the evening-the opportunities  will pass too quickly.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    oldest teen monster has three friends over. Requested smash burgers and fries. 

Fries soaking. 

Fried end up some pickles for a snack.
    Gone in 60 sec is an understatement.  I didn't get a single one. 

Next up some fried shrooms, abts and then the main event. 
    Brother...you are killin it. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Nice Jason!  Lucky boys. Do you double fry your fries?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Love fried pickles- 
    Greensboro, NC
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Nice Jason!  Lucky boys. Do you double fry your fries?
    Yep. 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    I wish I was their  friend... dang those pickles look good
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Let's see how long these last. Going to give the pre teen a head start. 

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    They slowed a little. A couple of non mushroom fans.  Don't know how they were raised. 

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    I'll have fryer set up for wing ding...just saying.  =)
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    edited September 2017
    Options
    You have a very lucky son
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Strong effort thus far. Bet the children are loving it.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,660
    Options
    Great cook so far.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Toasting some Martins potato rolls In Kerry Irish. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    I may start a gofundme page to replenish my fridge. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    We had a dozen burgers. On left btwn 7 people. Fries, destroyed. Called an audible on the abts. No tellin what else is gone.

wouldn't have it any other way. 
  • ElkhornHusker
    Options
    We have twin boys that are 7, so we are trying to brace ourselves for what is coming.  
    Elkhorn, NE
    1 large egg
    28" Blackstone
    Akorn Jr. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    We have twin boys that are 7, so we are trying to brace ourselves for what is coming.  
    When they start eating cold hot dogs at 4am, it's on. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Dude, you need to cook more,  and cook faster. Seems like they vaporized all that grub!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Girls are just as bad.  Our house was the gathering place (we liked it that way) I never knew exactly how many would come up stairs when dinner was served.  I learned to keep brats in the freezer cause they wouldn't touch them.  And the local pizza delivery place on speed dial. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Raised 5.  2 boys, 3 girls.  All athletes.  Until we empty nested there was never a grocery store visit under $200.  Costco, $3-400.  When we shop now and check out for under $50 I can only smile.  Enjoy the ride Jason.  It passes quickly.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Jason, I really enjoyed this thread.  The food looked killer and comparing teenage boys to locusts is funny as heck.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Raised 5.  2 boys, 3 girls.  All athletes.  Until we empty nested there was never a grocery store visit under $200.  Costco, $3-400.  When we shop now and check out for under $50 I can only smile.  Enjoy the ride Jason.  It passes quickly.
    Same, but just three here.  All athletes in HS, twin boys played football four years and in season, they would take four PB + Nutella sandwiches each to school.  Daily.  For snacks.  They are not big boys, but it was a daily challenge to get enough calories into them.  3 full meals and then more pre-bedtime eating.  It never stopped.

good luck to you!
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    And finish that backsplash  ;)
  • 1voyager
    1voyager Posts: 1,157
    edited September 2017
    Options
    What a fun cook!

I was about twelve when I transformed into an eating machine. My parents mantra was "son, you are eating us out of house and home". I once ate about 1/2 of an uncooked ham. Didn't know it wasn't cooked. No matter. Volume was the most important thing. My Mom would have been angry but she was too afraid that I would "get worms", whatever that means. 

Best of luck!
    Large Egg, PGS A40 gasser.
  • da87
    da87 Posts: 640
    Options
    Son played QB in high school and we'd have the O line for dinner every Thursday before the Friday games for steak.... 15+ Big steaks for 8 or 9 boys plus sides!  We really miss having him/them around, but my wallet doesn't!  Enjoy and make great memories. 
    Doug
    Wayne, PA
    LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein
  • Rte1985
    Rte1985 Posts: 304
    Options
    We have two toddlers now.  Need to start a future teenage food fund to help ease the financial burden when the time comes!
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Rte1985 said:
    We have two toddlers now.  Need to start a future teenage food fund to help ease the financial burden when the time comes!
    @Rte1985 - Good news for you is by the time they are walking silos, Amazon will have the grocery home delivery down to minutes....
    @theyolksonyou nice evening with the teens, like the Comedy Channel says, it is all time well wasted.  :)
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!