Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Grilled Halibut with Pistachio Pesto

bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,498
Grilled these Halibut filets on the MM over Rockwood. Pistachio pesto garnish was amazing.  Put it over roasted garlic couscous along side of a kale "superfood salad" from WP. Found the recipe here:  Alaskafromscratch.com.   Thanks for looking. 

Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga

Comments

• JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 4,496
    That looks great Brent, love the pesto!

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014, 36" Blackstone, Anova Sous Vide
    Green Man Group 
    Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Very nice Brent.. pesto rocks!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Great looking dish!  We've been grilling halibut now and then since Costco is carrying it fresh.  But I have yet to plate up anything that looks that good!  Will have to check out the pesto recipe.
    XL BGE, CGS AR & spider, 36" SS Blackstone, SMOBOT - Flower Mound, TX
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,498
    Great looking dish!  We've been grilling halibut now and then since Costco is carrying it fresh.  But I have yet to plate up anything that looks that good!  Will have to check out the pesto recipe.
    Give it a go. Nice change up on classic pesto. I'm gonna use it with shrimp next. Thanks. 
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 16,773
    Da-n.  The description alone about stretched my level of comprehension.  Great cook and presentation. You've elevated your game since Irma cut you some slack.  Most eggcellent.
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 5,695
    Hard at work again...

food looks killer though. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 11,967
    Tell Nichole she did a great job. 
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 10,037
    Looks great brother......even for fish. 
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

Talk-in' 'bout, hey now! Hey now! I-ko, I-ko, un-day
    Jock-a-mo fee-no ai na-né, jock-a-mo fee na-né

• I opened this thread just for the halibut....
    Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. 
  • Another winner Nichole!!!
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

• Beyond my skill set but it looks awesome as always. Sounds like an array of flavors. 
    Snellville, GA

• YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 12,254
    Very nice cook, looks delicious. Did Nicole do the Pesto? The pesto she made that we tried was delicious. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Jeremiah said:
    Hard at work again...

food looks killer though. 
    Operated on 5 souls today.  Hard task when dead.

Tell Nichole she did a great job. 
    Another winner Nichole!!!
    Originality is obviously your forte's.  
    Beyond my skill set but it looks awesome as always. Sounds like an array of flavors. 
    Well within your skill set brother.  
    YukonRon said:
    Very nice cook, looks delicious. Did Nicole do the Pesto? The pesto she made that we tried was delicious. 
    I make the pesto. =)   The pistachio and lemon in the mix was perfect for the fish.  
  • YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 12,254
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    I make the pesto. =)   The pistachio and lemon in the mix was perfect for the fish.  
    Stepping up your game brother Brent, I am liking the flavor blends. Everything looks excellent.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Looks great.  I'm still on the fence with couscous.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SciAggieSciAggie Posts: 3,564
    Wow. That is a great cook. I'm a fan of all the items on the plate - served together is even better. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven.
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • That look's great! By chance I found some wild garlic leaf pesto sauce in the freezer yesterday, we'll give this a try at the weekend with some halibut.
    Large BGE and MMX, both with platesetter and cast iron grid. Superpeel for pizza, iDevice for temperature.
    Cooking on the large in deepest, darkest England since Oct 2015. MMX added to the family Mar 2016.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff http://www.thecooksdigest.com

• Looks 5-Star!!

In a full time state of entropious nebulinity as Head Brewmeister and Chief Flatulator @ Rancho Loco Brewery and Flatutorium, Kirkland, TN

Looks 5-Star!!
    Thanks Rick.  I loved the pistachio pesto.
  • blind99blind99 Posts: 4,215
    For the win!  great cook brother
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
    blind99 said:
    For the win!  great cook brother
    Thank you brother.  Got some more on board!
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 11,122
    Oh damn. That's a lovely looking plate. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • bluebird66bluebird66 Posts: 2,034
    That looks great!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• StormbringerStormbringer Posts: 1,228
    edited September 2017
    We're doing this tonight! I haven't done much fish in the BGE, I see it's direct, about what time and temp are we looking at for the halibut?

Large BGE and MMX, both with platesetter and cast iron grid. Superpeel for pizza, iDevice for temperature.
    Cooking on the large in deepest, darkest England since Oct 2015. MMX added to the family Mar 2016.
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff http://www.thecooksdigest.com

• Great looking plate Brent.. Pics are top notch, very nice.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • PSCPSC Posts: 127
    I'm hungry now. Damn you.  =)
    We're doing this tonight! I haven't done much fish in the BGE, I see it's direct, about what time and temp are we looking at for the halibut?

Sorry my friend, just saw this and you're probably in bed now. Hope it went well. Dome temp was 400.