Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Announcement: Weekend throwdown - Juicy Lucy Hamburgers

The Damn Rules: 

Burgers must be cooked between this Friday through Sunday  (Sept 8-10, 2017).  No recycling old cooks you cheaters!

Voting will be open in a separate thread I will post when I feel like it (probably Sunday evening) where you can post and people can "Like" your food.

You may post up to 4 pictures. 

One picture has to be a sliced cross-section (or with a bite missing).  This is to prove it's a juicy Lucy.

You can cook them on anything you like.

The stuffing doesn't have to be cheese. 

Include any sides.  If you want.

Any forks in the pictures will add 1 "Like" to your vote tally.  If you serve on a bed of forks, I will add 2 "Likes".

Kentucky Jelly in the background will add 5 "Likes".

Describing your meal as if it were on the menu at Flavor-town will add 2 "Likes".  Has to be convincing though.

I may post but I am ineligible to win (conflict of interest, beeches).

People can vote on as many entries as they like.

The prize will be bragging rights, and free tickets to brisket camp. 

Now go shopping!!

Comments

• texaswigtexaswig Posts: 2,226
    Ok folks I'm in. I'm bringing my A game. 
    Scott
    Greenville ,Tx

Xl bge with woo2 and ajustable rack
  • texaswig said:
    If a stands for alcohol, I stand a chance. 
    Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. 
  • RedSkipRedSkip Posts: 1,290
    @nolaegghead. Flight included?
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
    @theyolksonyou oh you know it does my friend. 
    Scott
    Greenville ,Tx

• ColtsFanColtsFan Posts: 1,789
    I dated a girl named Lucy in high school. And she was... I better stop there 
    Two large BGE, KJ Jr, 36" Blackstone, FlameBoss 300
    Follow me on Instagram @ hoosier_egger
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!
  • LegumeLegume Posts: 8,212
    texaswig said:
    Gonna stuff one with leftover hoarder detritus?
    Austin, TX
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 26,693
    I'm thinking stuff with pastrami and sour kraut.

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 9,860
    ColtsFan said:
    I think I thought I seen her on eighth and forty-deuce. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

Haha @Legume I haven't may up my mind yet. I'm gonna try to be creative. Nola that sounds good. 
    Scott
    Greenville ,Tx

Image result for lucy scarlett johansson

That was almost my pizza over the weekend.  Need to research a rye pizza dough, or at least caraway seeds.
    Austin, TX
    ColtsFan said:
    Dry?  Just guessing here. ;)

Legume said:
    That was almost my pizza over the weekend.  Need to research a rye pizza dough, or at least caraway seeds.
    Good idea.  If you have a brew supply place you can get some fresh ground rye.  You don't want to use too much of it, screws with the foam.  The caraway would be a good addition.

• BotchBotch Posts: 6,336
    So, for us noobs, a JL is a "stuffed" burger, any other specifications?  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,502
    Cant go Carrie.  got kids in this weekend and cooks to go.  Then prepping for Irma in Atlanta.  I like your throw down!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
    Botch said:
    So, for us noobs, a JL is a "stuffed" burger, any other specifications?  
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jucy_Lucy

Ground meat, stuffed with anything, doesn't need to be cheese, as per my Rules.

If you put cheese in it, the challenge is to seal it up and handle so your cheese doesn't leak. 

One trick is to freeze them before cooking.  I've never had a problem with leaks though.

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 23,014
    i cooked this one next saterday, the shrimp diane

Next Saturday - awesome, made me laugh.
    Austin, TX
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 9,860
    Damn @fishlessman that future burger looks like it is gonna be good!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 23,014
    oops, forgot to describe the shrimp diane.  a lucy thats juicy and smells of the sea
  • GrillSgtGrillSgt Posts: 1,731
    Last time I had a juicy Lucy it took me weeks to clear it up. I'm still considering if it was worth it though.
    Woodford & Barren Co. KY

LBGE, XLBGE, 2 Weber Genesis, Weber 22" kettle

I’d kill for a Nobel Peace Prize

• Killit_and_GrillitKillit_and_Grillit Posts: 3,322
    edited September 2017
    I'm not putting a Juicy Lucy in my mouth if there is Kentucky Jelly on the kitchen counter. 

Fool me once...

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

I'm not putting a Juicy Lucy in my mouth if there is Kentucky Jelly on the kitchen counter. 

Fool me once...
    It's for, yaknow, sliders.

• northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 10,038
    Juicy Lucy is Loose Lucy's younger sister.
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

Talk-in' 'bout, hey now! Hey now! I-ko, I-ko, un-day
    Jock-a-mo fee-no ai na-né, jock-a-mo fee na-né

• DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 11,969
    I've got a pretty good idea for this one if I can procure the ingredients. 
  • Imma make one.  Only instead of hamburger meat I'm using sponge cake, and instead of cheese I'm using sweet cream. 
    Sooo, a twinkie?
    Austin, TX
  • Instead of a bun, I'm going to use a jalapeño pepper.  And I'm going to stuff it with cheese, and sausage.  And then I'm going to wrap it in bacon.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

• DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 11,969
    Instead of a bun, I'm going to use a jalapeño pepper.  And I'm going to stuff it with cheese, and sausage.  And then I'm going to wrap it in bacon.
    No Kentucky Jelly? 
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,674
    Legume said:
    Good idea.  If you have a brew supply place you can get some fresh ground rye.  You don't want to use too much of it, screws with the foam.  The caraway would be a good addition.

Too much could also lead to a stuck sparge...

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings