Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Look at my lasagna pan

See?

Comments

• northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 10,245
    How do you know it's not a Chicken Tetrazzini pan?
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

“Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.”
  • Props for putting this in Off Topic.  
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

• Hans61Hans61 Posts: 3,452
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Never gets old does it.
    Snellville, GA

• henapplehenapple Posts: 15,986
    The cheetah is the fastest land animal. Also relevant. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • kl8tonkl8ton Posts: 2,308
    See?
    Please post your Lasagna recipe. It looks like that pan turns out some excellent tasting Lasagna. 
    LBGE - 36Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • jeffwitjeffwit Posts: 1,256
    How do you season a pan like that?
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • Pan or ceramic?
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 27,259
    It is a porous ceramic.  Removes water.  Pampered Chef

Seasons with use.

• DMWDMW Posts: 12,702
    Can you cook a pizza in it?
    My Facebook Page where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle
  • HeavyGHeavyG Posts: 5,051
    Seasons with use.
    Gotta link to a lasagna pan seasoning video?
    Camped out in the (757/804)
    DMW said:
    Can you cook a pizza in it?
    Absolutely not because that's not lasagna.

edited September 2017
    HeavyG said:
    Seasons with use.
    I looked for one and this popped up.  Maybe I'll try again later, super triggered right now for some unknown reason.

httpspicsmemetty-****-tha-lasagna-meme-vaporwave-relatable-kek-triggered-mlg-10532027png

• "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

HeavyG said:
    Seasons with use.
    I looked for one and this popped up.  Maybe I'll try again later, super triggered right now for some unknown reason.

httpspicsmemetty-****-tha-lasagna-meme-vaporwave-relatable-kek-triggered-mlg-10532027png
    I am so glad that picture didn't work.

• henapple said:
    The cheetah is the fastest land animal. Also relevant. 

And the antelope lope is the second fastest.  

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

• bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,627
    That appears to be an Ark. Very timely. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • blastingblasting Posts: 5,655

That's a nice pan.  I hope you don't mind, but I made it my desktop background.

Phoenix 
  • blastingblasting Posts: 5,655
    New here - so I don't understand all the back and forth crap that goes on.  But as far a lasagna goes, I made this lasagna recently in a skillet 

Nice looking lasagna - the pour spouts struck me as funny.

As to the forum back and forth... Mostly it's just good natured ball busting.  
    Phoenix 
  • YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 12,437
    blasting said:
    New here - so I don't understand all the back and forth crap that goes on.  But as far a lasagna goes, I made this lasagna recently in a skillet 

Nice looking lasagna - the pour spouts struck me as funny.

As to the forum back and forth... Mostly it's just good natured ball busting.  
    Amongst friends. You will find many on here that will do anything they can to help you out, and would likely give you the shirt off their backs, as well as having fun and giving you shid, from time to time. These folks are the best.
    Welcome to the forum.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JethroVAJethroVA Posts: 1,010
    In a quarter mile race, the fastest land animal is.... the quarter horse.  Seriously, they are faster out of the blocks than a thoroughbred and a cheetah and an antelope are only fast for a couple hundred yards.  
    Richmond, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. No FireWires Yet. Hoping to win some soon.
  • GATravellerGATraveller Posts: 5,579
    edited September 2017
    I really dig the pan. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 23,153
    i would season it with a tuna casserole, make sure you have good potato chips
  • 20stone20stone Posts: 1,500
    JethroVA said:
    In a quarter mile race, the fastest land animal is.... the quarter horse.  Seriously, they are faster out of the blocks than a thoroughbred and a cheetah and an antelope are only fast for a couple hundred yards.  
    Depends on whether the cheetah catches the quarter horse. 
    LBGE since 2008 and a MM from 2016
    Karubeque C-60 Dishwasher (when time is no object)
    Owner of multiple large scale refrigeration devices (sometimes too many)
    Vertically integrated BBQ and charcuterie operator, for recreational use only
    Elicitor of secrets from goats through unconventional methods
    Sourdough bread enthusiast

Houston, TX

• LegumeLegume Posts: 8,302
    Can I look away yet?
    Austin, TX
  • YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 12,437
    It is time.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnEggGioJohnEggGio Posts: 432
    edited September 2017
    You could probably drop some coldcuts and diced veggies into it and win a lasagna throwdown...

That's just a joke!  JUST A JOKE!!!
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Never gets old does it.
    Not sure how old the pan is, but looks almost new to me.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel
    Facebook
    My Photography Site