Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Ribeye Steak Night

JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 4,630
edited August 2017 in Off Topic
Reverse seared some Costco Prime Ribeyes tonight. @northGAcock gave me some Black Water Barrels white oak charcoal that seemed appropriate for steaks. I rubbed them with some Meat Church Holy Cow and added some Lawry's seasoned salt. Got the egg to 240 and cooked until 120 IT then pulled the adjustable rig and stone and got the egg to 700. Seared the steaks for 30-45 seconds per side wrapped in foil to rest. Hot seared some red potatoes, onion and garlic in some EVOO and butter in the cast iron then put it in the oven at 350. Steaks and potatoes were very tender and juicy, steaks had a great oak flavor. Thanks for looking.
Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story!                                                              

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014, 36" Blackstone, Anova Sous Vide
Green Man Group 
Johns Creek, Georgia

Comments

• tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 9,422
    Image result for Go Jim
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • DMWDMW Posts: 13,045
    Thanks for the invite...

Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 4,630
    DMW said:
    Thanks for the invite...

Anytime!  ;)

Green Man Group 
    Johns Creek, Georgia
  • JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 5,851
    Nice Jim!!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,758
    edited August 2017
    Dayum Jim, that looks amazing!  Help me understand the wrapping of the beef in the foil. Great cook bro. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
    bgebrent said:
    Dayum Jim, that looks amazing!  Help me understand the wrapping of the beef in the foil. Great cook bro. 
    I have read that after searing at 700+ the beef tightens up so you wrap in foil for about 15 minutes to rest. When unwrapped there is a nice juicy hot steak, make sure to pour the juice from the foil on the steak when plated.

Green Man Group 
    Johns Creek, Georgia
    Ok. My concern would be carry over cooking. I always rest my steaks nekkid. I'll try it out my friend. 
    @bgebrent I know what you mean, I pull them 5 degrees earlier than my target temp.

Green Man Group 
    Johns Creek, Georgia
  • JohnnyTarheelJohnnyTarheel Posts: 5,272
    Spot on brother Jim...
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
    JRWhitee said:
    @bgebrent I know what you mean, I pull them 5 degrees earlier than my target temp.
    We must speak of this witchcraft. 
    bgebrent said:
    JRWhitee said:
    I think we should try it together with a nice bottle of Jeremiah's whine!

Green Man Group 
    Johns Creek, Georgia
    JRWhitee said:
    bgebrent said:
    JRWhitee said:
    His whine hath no end. We should!  Congrats on the tennis tournament outcome. Pretty damned strong. 
    bgebrent said:
    JRWhitee said:
    bgebrent said:
    JRWhitee said:
    His whine hath no end. We should!  Congrats on the tennis tournament outcome. Pretty damned strong. 
    Thanks Brent!

Green Man Group 
    Johns Creek, Georgia
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 12,049
    Dude
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

• DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 12,527
  • YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 12,689
    Dude.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 10,540
    bgebrent said:
    Must have been the lump that did the trick.
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

“Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.”
  • johnnypjohnnyp Posts: 3,061

Killer steak dude

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA