Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New from Dizzy Pig Thank you

Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,669
Just had a big lunch but can't wait to try this. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Asian seasoning?
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • You beat me to it, Mickey! I got the package today. It smells great and I have a duck in the freezer....
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    I would love to see more from DP in this genre of spices!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Mine arrived today as well - and I am thinking I will try some on at least part of the spare ribs I'm egging tomorrow!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • I saw that was out. Would be awesome on ribs with an Asian bbq sauce (just mix your fave bbq sauce 50/50 with hoisin and add a little soy sauce to glaze the ribs when done. 

Let me know what you do with it and how you like it. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,011
    Here's hoping it lands in the UK soon.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• CincyEgg
    CincyEgg Posts: 119
    Is there some type of mailing list from Dizzy pig or is it just I've you've ordered stuff off their website that they will send you samples like this? 

• Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    I'm curious as to how similar this is to Tsunami Spin.  It's also an Asian seasoning that Dizzy Pig has had for years.  I use it all the time.  Can one of you boys that try the new one let us know the differences?
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Hub said:
    I'm curious as to how similar this is to Tsunami Spin.  It's also an Asian seasoning that Dizzy Pig has had for years.  I use it all the time.  Can one of you boys that try the new one let us know the differences?
    I like Tsunami but never really thought of it as Asian.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    Photo Egg said:
    Hub said:
    Dizzy Pig's description on the Tsunami bottle says "An exciting blend of both common and exotic Asian ingredients"  That's why I'm wondering how it differs from this new Chinese rub.
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Got mine today as well, love the smell.

SWMBO isn't sure, thinks the anise might be too strong for her.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    @Nature Boy this looks fun!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,128
    I need to get on board with this Dizzyhead deal 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,871
    Has DP done something close to a jerk seasoning?  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited July 2017

@JohnInCarolina This is in the ballpark of what you are looking for.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Glad it arrived safely. Thank you for cooking with it y'all! Would love to know what kinda stuff you do with it. So far we've done ribs, chicken drumsticks, thighs, whole duck, duck breast and sea bass. Always love seeing what y'all come up with! Happy cookin'. Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    SGH said:

That is great on wings.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bigalsworth
    bigalsworth Posts: 685
    DMW said:
    SGH said:

That is great on wings.
    I put it on everything, but love it on scrambled eggs.
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

Martensville, Saskatchewan Canada
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    edited July 2017
    Hub said:
    Photo Egg said:
    Hub said:
    Dizzy Pig's description on the Tsunami bottle says "An exciting blend of both common and exotic Asian ingredients"  That's why I'm wondering how it differs from this new Chinese rub.
    I agree about the description, not the taste. I like it, just does not seem Asian. But can't wait to try the new stuff.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    DMW said:
    SGH said:

That is great on wings.
    It sure is brother D. To be honest though, it's great on poultry in general. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    Mine came with a cup, too!
     1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    I guess I didn't get one since I order off Amazon rather than direct.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• Toxarch said:
    I don't think That's why you didn't get one. They have a group of people on here that they send samples to when they are looking at making new stuff. I'm sure they do it on other forums as well. 
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Toxarch said:
    I don't think That's why you didn't get one. They have a group of people on here that they send samples to when they are looking at making new stuff. I'm sure they do it on other forums as well. 
    Thanks. Guess I'm not in the "cool kids" club. 
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• Salmonegg
    Salmonegg Posts: 79
    SGH said:
    It sure is brother D. To be honest though, it's great on poultry in general. 
    I just did jerked chicken breast sandwiches using this. A nice rub on both sides of the chicken, then top with grilled pineapple and grilled red onion, maybe a slice of pepper jack. I used to use the Busha Brown's jerk paste for this but that's gotten hard to find- glad DP stepped into the breach.
  • Toxarch said:
    Toxarch said:
    Thanks. Guess I'm not in the "cool kids" club. 
    Im not either. Not sure how you get in.