Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Dismount - How do you take it out when done?

Options
SmyrnaGA
SmyrnaGA Posts: 438
Having done maybe 10 brisket so far, I'm by far no brisket expert.  I've tried to be consistent, and do at most one change each time if I want to try something new.  Yet, I have never replicated the 3rd Brisket I ever made.  It was the most moist, juicy one I've ever had.  I'm normally out there by myself.  So, I start probing at 190.  I probe the point, then the flat.  Once the flat is as easy to probe as the point, I take it off.  To pick it up, I put a foil on top, wear my BGE gloves, lift/roll it over, then off onto a pan next to the egg.  However, that 3rd cook, I had help.  So I grabbed 2 griddle spatulas and slide it underneath and gently lifted it off onto the foil for wrapping.  So, I'm thinking, maybe my hands grabbing it from the top is more 'stressful' than gently lifting from the bottom?

So, how do you guys take a hot, done brisket off your eggs?

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

Comments