Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- New Toy.

Options
SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
I have been wanting one of these for a while so I finally bit the bullet. John Deere calls it their Swiss Army Knife of tractors. I went ahead and bought the package deal that included the tractor, front loader, backhoe, imatch quick hitch, belly mower, and a 4 foot hog. It actually saved me a good bit by buying it all together instead of piecing it out over time. 

The Party Monster gave it the thumbs up. 

I know some of you that know Party Monster are wondering why he is so thin now. I'm proud to report that its not what you think. He has been clean and sober for 7 months now, thank God. He had a severe stomach virus for about 3 weeks and as soon as he got over that he came down with the flu. As soon as he got over that he got bit by a Black Widow. When he got over that he fell out of the top of a tree that we was pruning. The Party Monster has had a rough 2 months. At any rate, he is alive and doing fine. Have a great evening fellows and thanks for taking a peek my friends. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Nice rig!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    That is a super nice rig @sgh. Many years of fun.
    Snellville, GA

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    That toy will build cities. Congrats on the purchase. Better than a Swiss army knife, that right there is a Leatherman.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Nice toy @SGH, and good to hear about Party Monster being clean, but man that's some stroke of bad luck he's got running there.

Oh, and on another note, I was sure this is what I would find posted when I opened this thread...

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
  • SGH
    Options
    DMW said:
    but man that's some stroke of bad luck he's got running there.

No doubt about it brother D. The little fellow has had a rough 2 months for sure. On the upside, at least it's not self inflicted. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DMW
    Options
    Legume said:
    Tie tack?
    no
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Legume
    Options
    Tuxedo shirt studs?
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Beautiful... only farming I do here in Seattle is an occasional couple hours on Farming Simulator. 

Beautiful piece of equipment and wish you and the fam the best sir!!
    Seattle, WA
  • DMW
    Options
    Legume said:
    Tuxedo shirt studs?
    No. I could post the google search term I used to find that image, but it would probably get me banned. Let's just say if you search for @SGH's favorite term to use lately along with toy, you might find that image.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    I just went from 6 to midnight

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Also solid call on not buying individually. 

We went through John Deere 7 irons, bobcat front end loaders, and renting backhoes to the point where the juice wasn't worth the squeeze. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Legume
    Options
    I just went from 6 to midnight
    Um, gotta ask.  From Scottie's pic or Dwayne's?  It matters.
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @Legume

does it matter? I mean they are both green. 

South of Nashville, TN

• NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    Options
    Nice! Enjoy your new ride!
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Sweet rig! I thought you already owned a Deer utility tractor?
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Nice.  Looks like that can do just about any task you might wish for.

Maybe weld a cover on the bucket so you could smoke while mowing?

Phoenix 
  • SGH
    edited April 2017
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I thought you already owned a Deer utility tractor?
    I have a few tractors. 
    1954- 2 popper tricycle. 
    1978- 850.
    2012- 4720 with cab. 
    2013- 5075. 
    2017- 1025R. 
    All are John Deere. Tractors are kind of like smokers, you never have enough. 
    I had a 1979 Massey Ferguson 1105 and a 8N Ford at one time as well. 

Status- Standing by.

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Glad to see you got it. I'm about that same color green with envy. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    That's really nice. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    That's a nice tractor, Scottie.  Think I could borrow it some time?  I need to shave and grade my back yard so I can brick it.
    Options
    If only I had @SGH 's money.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Nice paperweight, @DMW
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    That's a nice tractor, Scottie.  Think I could borrow it some time?  I need to shave and grade my back yard so I can brick it.
    Sure, make him buy the box scraper too...
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Very nice!  You could build a wall with that beast Scottie. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    If only I had @SGH 's money.
    Isn't THAT the truth! Anybody who can afford that toy to mow with plus play in the dirt pile has no biz razzing me over something he started as a joke which has taken on a life of its own!

Just the same Scottie, the state of IL thanks you for your purchase as well us JD stockholders! =)
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Nice Scottie!  I'd like to have that around my place for a weekend or two!  

Maybe you can drive it around along with @DMW 's item while you're driving?  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Options
    That's a killer rig, Scott! 
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    That thing could do lotsa damage, bro!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95