Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2017 big Joe

Options
2»

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Ahhh Yes! More KJ talk. & in T minus 1.2 hrs

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,354
    edited March 2017
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Mikea5232 said:
    The $1900 price tag drifted me right to an XLBGE.  
    In my area the price was not in favour of the BGE . Fully loaded big Joe was cheaper than just the egg and nest . Approaching $500 difference in aftermarket and you would still be behind in features 
    They are already discounting the New Joes?  My XL with nest was in the $1200 neighborhood OTD.  Big Joe is listed as $1900.

You may want a new egg dealer if they are selling it to you for almost $2k.
    At a Costco Roadshow the price for a Big Joe is $1499.

Most Roadshows also offer a deal where the first person to offer to buy the Big Joe demo (displayed but never cooked on) also gets a free KJ Jr.

Even if one hates KJ it is still worth hitting a Roadshow to buy some KJ charcoal - 2 20 pound bags for $30.
    On the old Joe.  Is the Roadshow price going to stay the same with the new Joe?
    The Roadshow price on the KJ Big Joe v2.0 is $1499. I think the price for Big Joe v1.0 at Roadshows was $1200.

I have no idea if the Roadshows may have both old and new models until they clear out all of the old models.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    This guys a **** tool bag.  Go cook on your Joe and be happy, stop trying to be a drama queen. They Both do the same EXACT THING....it's not a miracle. 
    I feel like a loser on Wheel of Fortune.  What are the **** spelling.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • clifkincaid
    clifkincaid Posts: 572
    Options
    This guys a **** tool bag.  Go cook on your Joe and be happy, stop trying to be a drama queen. They Both do the same EXACT THING....it's not a miracle. 
    Bonus Round...it needs 3 more *
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Bonus Round...it needs 3 more *
    Bam, ok.  7 letters makes more sense than 4.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • rekameohs
    rekameohs Posts: 263
    Options
    Mikea5232 said:

My costco doesn't have any joes on their website.  So Im not sure if they have them on the floor.   They have a different brand on their website. 

You can see what special events are scheduled for each Costco here
    https://www.costco.com/special-events.html

Raleigh, NC
  • Mikea5232
    Mikea5232 Posts: 76
    Options
    Thanks for the info.  I actually found a costco 75 miles away has a roadshow going on right now till Sunday.   
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Lots of guys with low post counts and little or zero cooking posts that are suspiciously interested in KJ discussions. HMMM? 
  • da87
    da87 Posts: 640
    Options
    +1 to @pgprescott on the new posters first posts being about KJ...

But it's all about personal taste - I found this forum and the ability to customize the egg to my needs/wants compelling and stopped shopping.   I was able to do everything I initially wanted to do with the egg straight out of the box with the platesetter the dealer included (in the purchase at no cost along with the bag of BGE lump they provide) - I successfully did an L&S the night the egg arrived without buying anything additional.  The only real "needed" accessory since then was 3 bricks (free, leftover from patio project) to elevate my grate.   My dealer also has a great reputation for warranty claims and personalized support - certainly more than I expect from Costco - and met that standard with a no questions, no cost, immediate replacement for my broken fire ring.  BGE works for me and so far the food has been wonderful, which in the end is all that matters.

If you like BGE, great - enjoy your cooks. If you like KJ, great - enjoy your cooks, but don't be surprised if you get challenged on the BGE forum, just as I would expect to if I went to a KJ forum and posted glowingly about my BGE.   Regardless, I continue to be impressed that BGE allows such an open discussion of their competition on this forum. 

Happy Friday, let the Kamado and Lump debates rage on...must be time for a bloody mary to better fuel them  =)
    Doug
    Wayne, PA
    LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Mikea5232 said:
    I have reserved an xlbge last week from a dealer demo the weekend of the 31st.  Mainly because of the people in this forum excited to go get it.   Ill post pictures when i get it in my table i built.   Otherwise it never happened.  
    I love my XL.
  • bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Options
    I own a large and a small BGE , my family owns a restaurant that cooks on xl BGE's , I will soon be buying a xl so I feel I should be able to speak my mind about it . I just don't get how BGE isn't advancing their product . It's weird when the product you feel to be superior and started all this is pushed in the corner with little to no display area versus the competition who has basically copied the concept and all the great aftermarket parts and are still some how cheaper 
    @Brandongodfrey what's the name of your family's restaurant? 
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Lots of guys with low post counts and little or zero cooking posts that are suspiciously interested in KJ discussions. HMMM? 
    Probably because the KJ forum has zero activity.  This place is pretty much used for all Kamadoes except Kamado Kamodo.
  • TN_Sister_State
    Options
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Probably because the KJ forum has zero activity.  This place is pretty much used for all Kamadoes except Kamado Kamodo.
    I went on the KK forum for about 5 minutes. A bunch of Biffs and Tads sniffing each others keisters. Stuff like "forgive me for having nice things, I'm not sorry". 

Dont get me wrong- I'll have a KK one day but that forum...wow. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I have been looking at them real hard as of late myself. There is just something very alluring about the KK's. They are akin to the big boobed blond in a bikini. Once you see it, you can't help but to want it. Probably will end up with one once I'm off of nightshift. Don't really need it, just want it.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    LOL. Between Brandon and the fam they have what, 6-7 Eggs and this is his first post. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    I wouldn't necessarily chalk up the OP's thread to malicious intent. 

That being said, common sense would dictate that when joining a forum devoted to a particular brand, if only out of respect for the spirit and purpose of the forum (as well as for fellow members), you might not want your first foray into the community to consist of anything that could be interpreted as a denigration of the very brand beloved by the community nor an endorsement of its biggest competitor. 

There are of course no rules in this regard. Just common sense. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SGH said:
    I have been looking at them real hard as of late myself. There is just something very alluring about the KK's. They are akin to the big boobed blond in a bikini. Once you see it, you can't help but to want it. Probably will end up with one once I'm off of nightshift. Don't really need it, just want it.  
    I would have one now if I had a place to put it. 1000lbs and I'm on an elevated deck. Would have to do some
    serious reinforcing and probably get a divorce. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Very purposeful trying to steal away customers. Statistically the most likely person to get a divorce has already been divorced. Logic  might follow the most likely person to buy a kamado has already bought a kamado (us.)
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    LOL. Between Brandon and the fam they have what, 6-7 Eggs and this is his first post. 
    Bingo. If this is all he has to say, then this guy is another non valuable contributor.  I will not read anything this 7 asterisk poster will offer in the future.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • chuckytheegghead
    Options
    Why all the haters? Has anybody actually read any of his other posts?
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Brandongodfrey
    Options
    bweekes said:
    I own a large and a small BGE , my family owns a restaurant that cooks on xl BGE's , I will soon be buying a xl so I feel I should be able to speak my mind about it . I just don't get how BGE isn't advancing their product . It's weird when the product you feel to be superior and started all this is pushed in the corner with little to no display area versus the competition who has basically copied the concept and all the great aftermarket parts and are still some how cheaper 
    @Brandongodfrey what's the name of your family's restaurant? 
    Green grill & BBQ in Amsterdam 
  • Brandongodfrey
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    GrillSgt said:
    Bingo. If this is all he has to say, then this guy is another non valuable contributor.  I will not read anything this 7 asterisk poster will offer in the future.
    You guys are hilarious, I am losing sleep just thinking about you not reading my posts lol . You guys need to lighten up . This is a forum about bbqing and having a good time . You guys should join in the fun