Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Off the wall.....and very much off topic.....

Options
northGAcock
northGAcock Posts: 15,164
edited February 2017 in Off Topic
In the vain of other really stupid post.....A while back I had posted a picture of a neighbor making the best of a bad situation. This is the latest in her evolution.

As a reminder guys....get out there and get you honey something for valentines day. A few of her others along the way.....
Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Wow. Creative in a crazy type of way. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Here, lock this log chain around the trunk, I'll hook it to my Chevy, and hold my beer.

Why hasn't she removed it?
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    Making the most of a bad situation. Luv it
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Neighbor could use Pattie's help!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcock
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Focker said:
    Here, lock this log chain around the trunk, I'll hook it to my Chevy, and hold my beer.

Why hasn't she removed it?
    Interesting lady really. There is a wooded trail that runs through our neighborhood. She had taken all sorts of natural surroundings...and created artistic things from downed trees, stumps etc. A bit eccentric, but really talented. Just a very artsy lady.

The best one she did with the one in front of her house was a Thanksgiving Turkey. For some reason, I didn't snap a picture of it, but wished I had. Oh and the New Years one had a sign asking folks to make a new years wish on the rocks.....the same ones she has painted red, in the valentines one. They somehow show through the paint.

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    That is great.  I do wonder why it was not yet removed yet. It does not look overly complicated or large.  Then again with all the HOA rules around and or if it is a township responsibility, it could be messy.  
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    That is great.  I do wonder why it was not yet removed yet. It does not look overly complicated or large.  Then again with all the HOA rules around and or if it is a township responsibility, it could be messy.  
    Who knows....in the mean time....I look and laugh.

• That's right you guys....better be planning for the big Valentines Day.  Like my husband....don't be grabbing a card on the way home and expecting us to be all dolled up for you. You are going to need to put some effort into it this year.
    Living life to the fullest in Savannah Georgia
  • yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    I may decorate a stump for Valentine's day. Makes about as much sense as anything else for the 14th. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    That's right you guys....better be planning for the big Valentines Day.  Like my husband....don't be grabbing a card on the way home and expecting us to be all dolled up for you. You are going to need to put some effort into it this year.
    White Castle. A valentine's tradition. Yes it's even candle lit! Workers are dressed in tuxedos and even had an employee bust out his guitar and serenade everyone last year! Fun times. Thanks for the reminder of the card. ;)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • northGAcock
    edited February 2017
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    They talk when passing. Too many creative minds for me. Me thinks that lady is smokeing something....and not on a BGE. 

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Thanks Robin, a great reminder. I totally out kicked my coverage, when My Beautiful Wife agreed to marry me. I always do my best, and will try again this year to make it wonderful.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I bet it's easy directions to your place.  "We're the first house past the crazy sculpture."
    Flint, Michigan
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    They talk when passing. Too many creative minds for me. Me thinks that lady is smokeing something....and not on a BGE. 
    And it's not tweed. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• DaveRichardson
    Options

You'd love a guy down here on the southside of Atlanta....  Google "Barbie Beach" in Coweta County.....  Its hilarious.

I'll take the stump lady over the beach people.....

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Just find some redneck in a jacked up Chevy and tell him " I bet that Chevy you've got won't pull out that stump". Problem solved. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    The local news was showing some gifts for "your single friend" for this VD.  One was a sweater (XXL) that had a pic of an order of fries and below it, "Fries, not Guys".

I've been chuckling all day.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    No, but it looks like a bird came close.
  • yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    How you know that Easter is just around the corner. 
    No....she didn't pee on it either.
    A slight breach of etiquette sailing right by St Patrick's day, but that is interesting. I'll assume being on that side of the sidewalk it's the town's problem. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    How you know that Easter is just around the corner. 
    No....she didn't pee on it either.
    Don't let Maddie tear up that spectacular work of art!
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @bgebrent I hear she has a relo budget if you are really concerned 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    She's got talent. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Here comes Peter Cotton Tail..........

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    You should chop off a hunk and smoke a ham in your egg. I don't know how you'd explain the final product...
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Looks like the stump has shrunk a bit.  Maybe because it's cold outside?  Like a frightened turtle.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    funny farm time, you just cant go around threatening people with a killer rabbit =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • northGAcock
    Options
    I know you all have been wondering what next on the ol tree stump decor. Here is your summer update to the neighbors stump. Thinking she could use a little trim. 

• bgebrent
    Options
    I hope that's not Maddie! ;)
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    Haha these are priceless. I'm guessing there is no HOA.

atleast the decorations are getting progressively bettter. Glass half full