Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Official NC Butt Blast 2017 Thread - April 22, 2017

Options

NC Butt Blast 2017

Eggheads, 

@JohnInCarolina , @piney , and I would like to invite you to North Carolina Butt Blast 2017 that will be held at Dan Nicholas Park, in Salisbury, NC on Saturday, April 22nd from 10am-3pm (whenever basically park closes around dark).

Please take a look at their site (hyperlink above and will post near the end too).  They have a campground that will house campers and RVs as well as six cabins.  From what I understand, the cabins are going fast, so give them a call to reserve if you want one of those.   No cabins available as of today, 1/18/17 at 3pm.  

This location includes a shelter that will house 150 people with nearby restrooms. We have reserved "Shelter No.2".  See map attached for location. 

A few key notes for this site: 

• The shelter does not have running water
  • The shelter does not have power (I'm actually thinking a Honda inverter type gen will be okay)
  • Officially no alcohol, however, my feeling is if it's controlled and out of sight, all will be okay. Bring your Yeti Rambler! (We had no issues last year, just don't steal another shelters table)
  • Gates open from 8am- 7:30pm
  • Cannot use a generator (noise ordinance of the park(I'm actually thinking a Honda inverter type gen will be okay))
  • No frisking or making bedroom eyes towards the petting zoo or farm animals (this is for the Kentucky folk)

Link to Google Maps click HERE or below: 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/6800+Bringle+Ferry+Rd,+Salisbury,+NC+28146/@35.6321145,-80.3542389,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x88538ebcae3101c1:0x14714b1692a41709%20target= 

I have attached three files. 
  1. Dan_Nicholas_Park_Map - Shows the map of the entire facilities and I have noted where "Shelter No. 2" is.  Should be very easy to find when coming in through the main entrance.  
  2. CampgroundInfo2 - Campground information for those that may want to bring their campers or RV.  
  3. Campground_Cabin - This is information regarding the cabins.  

This site is located in a great location (near Salisbury, Concord, Lexington, Charlotte) where you can stay in a hotel if need be.  Below is a link that will take you to hotels that are nearby in Salisbury.  

https://www.google.com/maps/search/Hotels/@35.6398608,-80.7183206,10z/data=!4m8!2m7!3m6!1sHotels!2s6800+Bringle+Ferry+Rd,+Salisbury,+NC+28146!3s0x88538ebcae3101c1:0x14714b1692a41709!4m2!1d-80.3542389!2d35.6321145 

There will be two other posts to be followed soon with T-shirt ordering info, website (old one HERE), and our ticket system (it's free to register, it's just for a general head count really).  

We also plan to raise a little money towards charity (to be named soon).  There will be a bucket for those donations.  

If you have any questions, comments, or insulting remarks, please reach out to John, Gary (piney), or me.  

There will be two other posts to be followed soon with T-shirt ordering info, website (old one HERE), and our ticket system (it's free to register, it's just for a general head count really).  

We also plan to raise a little money towards charity (to be named soon).  There will be a bucket for those donations.  

A few pictures of the shelter and area. 

1 - Here, I'm standing off to the side/rear of the shelter.  You can see on the left the road.  Parking lot is right there that makes easy access to your vehicle for coolers, etc.  We can drive up to this shelter from a little service road to off load the Eggs at the shelter.  

2 - Shelter in front and the bathroom house in the back.  This is the one reason I choose this shelter above the rest.  Others had to hike to the restroom.  

3 - Close up of the shelter.  Nice higher table in the back should come in handy for serving most of the food.  Also great shade too!  

4 - I was standing just at the concrete of the shelter when I took this.  There is parking where the red car is sitting and more across from there.  Volleyball nets are very close so we can get our Maverick and Goose on!  Turn and burn!!!

5 - A pano of the area.  

Some pictures from last year: 

Nola being Nola

------------------------------
Thomasville, NC
My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
Instagram
Facebook
My Photography Site

Comments