Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

For those of you that are considering diving into anus.

SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
As of late there has been a lot of talk and interest in anus. And this is a good thing. I'm glad to see that more and more folks are broadening their horizon. On that note, here is a tool that makes removing the anus a breeze if you are not real handy with a knife.  
The down side of using this tool is it does score the anus. But this will only affect appearance, not end quality. Also it will only work on anuses in that are 1-1 1/2 in diameter arena. As such, you are limited on your selection of anus. It will not work for fish as the anus is to small for the tool. Nor will it work on full grown bovines as the anus is to large.
However for hogs, sheep, goats, deer, etc, etc, the Bung Buddy is your friend.

The Bung Buddy can be purchased for about 20 bucks from several places. Simply google "Bung Buddy" and it will pop up right up. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    darn, why didn't you post this before Christmas? What a great stocking, umm, stuffer.  
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Ain't no way I'm googling that...
  • SGH
    JethroVA said:
    darn, why didn't you post this before Christmas? What a great stocking, umm, stuffer.  
    I started to. But there was still a lack of interest at that time. That seems to have changed now. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    yljkt said:
    Ain't no way I'm googling that...
    Give it a go my friend ;)

Status- Standing by.

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    That is a butt out, model 2

Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Dillonjm
    Dillonjm Posts: 229
    Stepped away from the site for a while and all hell breaks loose...
    Backyard BBQ Dude
    1 L BGE - 1 Minimax - 1 Recteq

Northern VA
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 679
    Will it work for canines? 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,127
    Sadly I have one of those. Great for skinning out a deer quickly. 
  • JethroVA said:
    I just talked to a guy at bungbuddy.com.  Very friendly company. Really nice guy, wants me to send some photos of myself and have drinks later
    Messaged me the same thing a few years back you should go good bunch of guys, it was a life experience for me.

Fight like a man so you don't die like a dog

- Calico Jack Rackham

1,000 watt Sharp - 1.1 Cu. Ft. Mid-Size Microwave and one sweet steakager (retail 229$) 

Scruffy City a.k.a. Knoxville, TN.

• JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    I think there should be a demo of the tool at NC Butt Blast.  That will likely draw more law enforcement surveillance than the illegal moving of one or more picnic table last year. 
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • SGH
    Sadly I have one of those. 
    For some reason or another, most folks won't admit to having a Bung Buddy ;)

Status- Standing by.

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Gotta do another one

“There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Diving into anus
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    There was an internet video from a few years ago where a guy is field dressing a deer. He starts with "Hi, folks!" and proceeds to shove one of these up the deer's bung hole, twists, pulls, and eviscerates the deer through the butt. The unintentional comedy is fantastic. I will endeavor to find it.
  • "But this will only affect appearance, not end quality."

"end quality." I see what you did there.
  • JacksDad
    JacksDad Posts: 538

Large BGE -- New Jersey

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • There was an internet video from a few years ago where a guy is field dressing a deer. He starts with "Hi, folks!" and proceeds to shove one of these up the deer's bung hole, twists, pulls, and eviscerates the deer through the butt. The unintentional comedy is fantastic. I will endeavor to find it.
    To help out here, I just did a Google video search on "Bung Buddy".  That was a... mistake, to put it gently.  Did I mention the parental filters were off?  They were off.  That seems important here, for some reason. 

Anyway, tread carefully, my friend.  The internets is serious bidness.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,127
    edited January 2017
    We need a Hitler video about Scotty's Anus
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    We need an NSFW section of this forum
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • blind99 said:
    We need an NSFW section of this forum
    Nah, better to keep things tongue-in-asscheek, so to speak.  
  • I've skinned a many a deer, and just don't see the need for this little tool. 

I'm watching some of the YouTube videos. Havnt found any yet worth sharing. 

XLBGE 
  • This would appear to actually be called the "Butt Out" as opposed to what Scotty calls it, the "Bung Buddy".  Probably in Mississippi it is called the latter as it is used for a much broader range of purposes and potentially on mammals that are still alive.  

Anyway, here's a video showing it in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoZZbQqW7Z0 
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    JethroVA said:
    I think there should be a demo of the tool at NC Butt Blast.  That will likely draw more law enforcement surveillance than the illegal moving of one or more picnic table last year. 
    Are you volunteering?

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • I was looking through threads when my fat finger hit this one...

Flint, Michigan
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    @JohnInCarolina They post the butt out review on Amazon 5 :star: ?
    I can't unsee that crap. :sick:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    I've skinned a many a deer, and just don't see the need for this little tool. 
    Brother Nurse, this post was not to be taken seriously. It is an attempt at humor. 

Status- Standing by.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,871
    edited January 2017
    As I understand this tool from the video, its primary purpose is to extract the anus and any poop, so that the latter does not come into contact with "the meat" and contaminate it.

All I ask is that you ponder this fact in the context of SGH's recent suggestions for everyone to attempt anus.  TIA