Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

MANGRATE alert - never mind, sold.

Options
Canugghead
Canugghead Posts: 11,527
edited November 2016 in Off Topic
@bweekes   go for it Brandon, asking $20 only!

canuckland

Comments

• Canugghead
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @bweekes seriously, can I split with you if it's $20 for both?  $10 monopoly money is worth a shot  =)

edit: I'm talking to him, it's $10 each, want to split?
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    Options
    edit2: never mind, it's only about 5" wide, I'll keep both!
    canuckland
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Cool, great deal.  Found mine on sale for $30.  

They stay parked in the greaser egg, no rust issues, if maintained properly.

One of my favorite uses is searing before SV with chicken, and any flavor Conecuh.

Have used them on the Webers too.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Canugghead
    Options
    @Focker greaser egg? also had to google 'Conecuh'  :)  
    love the pre SV grill idea. Do you have the matching ManBrush?  This seller doesn't have one but I have a long bristled wire brush in the shed that should work.
    canuckland
  • travisstrick
    Options
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @Focker greaser egg? also had to google 'Conecuh'  :)  
    love the pre SV grill idea. Do you have the matching ManBrush?  This seller doesn't have one but I have a long bristled wire brush in the shed that should work.
    Sorry, I have two larges.  One for the greasy cooks, one for baking, the Soc.

I have the brush, seldom use it.

Tried the Ringer CI chain mail cleaner.  It worked, but was a PITA to clean it, after getting the gunk out of the grates.

A wad of aluminum foil works great.  It will mold to the profile of the grease gutters, cleaning the gunk.  Then you simply toss it.  

I quickly shoot the grates every so often with generic Pam in the egg, as it is cooling.  

They're not that bad to maintain as long as you're not dropping the CI close to the fire.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Options
    @bweekes   go for it Brandon, asking $20 only!

Crap! Sorry @Canugghead, I was in Mexico and just got back now. Sorry for dropping the ball on this one, but I would have gladly split it with you. 
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • Canugghead
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @Focker thanks for the tip.
    @bweekes no worry, as it turned out glad we don't have to share, the two combined is only about 8" wide. I picked up the next day.

The seller was very nice and reasonable, the grates are definitely new but we were both surprised by some surface rust on the underside of one of them. He gladly reduced the price to $15. 

Also had a short pleasant chat with the seller, his family just relocated to canuckland from Virginia.

They are heavy, over 8 lb each.

canuckland