Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Actually getting pizza on egg and off the pizza peel????

Options
1235»

Comments

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    In all seriousness, nice lookin' pie. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Focker said:
    In all seriousness, nice lookin' pie. 
    Thanks. Been awhile since I went that hot. Not fun pulling the parchment when the dome is 800. Gonna try to learn the peel agai. Dome was over 500 on the outside. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
  • BBQbutler
    Options
    kjs said:
    Ok I hope I am just an idiot. I've tired my hand at pizza now 4 or 5 times.I have the aluminum BGE pizza peel. I put a mixture of flour and corn starch down on the peel before assembling my pizza. The times I have  successfully got the pizza off the peel and onto the stone in the egg, I end up with a finished pie with too much flour/corn starch remaining on the bottom. In my efforts to remedy this I cut back on how much four/corn starch I put on the peel. But then I struggle mightily to get the damn pizza on the stone as it wants to stick to the peel.

Help please!
    Corn meal --- wood peel.   Assemble the pizza on the wood peel -- corn meal act as ball bearings.   Use the metal Pete to take it off as it is thinner and will get between the crust and stone.    Scrape the corn meal off of the stone, so it doesn't burn ---- repeat!  Success every time!
    LBGE , 22.5 & 18 WSM, 26.25 Kettle, Jennair Gasser, & a plethora of mobile Webers 
    Avid Cubs - Jaguars - Seminole fan. 
    Jacksonville, FL
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Build za on wooden peel, use a LOT of bemch flour and shake it around to make sure its loose.  Itll slide right on the stone.  I also use parchment when cooking under 600F.  Any higher temps amd parchment tends to burn up.  I have a second peel for removing za off of bge and it is metal.  Very effective rotating system.  

Keep practicing.   Once you conquer it youll feel very accomplished.