Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

These ole nuts of mine.

SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
Well, I thought why not? Time to prep some nuts for the deep fryer. First thing you want to do is soak them for 24 hours in plain ice water. Next, make a slit in the actual testicle. Some folks say that this is not necessary, but I think it yields a cleaner end product. After slitting them, give them about a 4 hour soak in salt water. After soaking in saltwater, skin them and rinse in cold water. After that, you are only limited by your imagination. Cook anyway you like. 
A bag of balls that have been soaked out. 

Sorry, for some reason the pics are out of order. But nonetheless, I hope you like my big balls. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Come on Scottie, tell me, did you try them on? 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SGH
    edited October 2016
    They are way to small to be beside the big hammer =)

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Those are some healthy balls!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    SGH said:
    They are way to small to be beside the big hammer =)
    Did it feel odd that they came out of those bags instead of the wife's bag?
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    I hate saying that I am very curious to know how your nuts taste as I have never had a desire to taste them.....
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • SGH
    I hate saying that I am very curious to know how your nuts taste as I have never had a desire to taste them.....
    I have been told that mine are as sweet as honey ;)

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Y'all know the buffalo is going to strike this thread as soon as he sees it. Oh well. 

Status- Standing by.

• tikigriller
    Then quick....seriously....do you eat these nuts, or are they just used for seasoning?  Whhat in the heck does a testicle taste like?  (I would  have to not even come close to telling anyone in my house what they are eating until it is already in swallow mode and they can't spit--did I really go there!?!?!?)

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    These big ole nuts of mine,
    I'm gonna let 'em shine
    I'm gonna let 'em shine
    I'm gonna let 'em shine
    Let 'em shine,
    Let 'em shine,
    Let 'em shine.

Hide 'em under a bushel? No!
    I'm gonna let 'em shine
    I'm gonna let 'em shine
    I'm gonna let 'em shine
    Let 'em shine,
    Let 'em shine,
    Let 'em shine.

I'm gonna let 'em shine
    I'm gonna let 'em shine
    I'm gonna let 'em shine
    Let 'em shine,
    Let 'em shine,
    Let 'em shine.

Don't let Satan blow 'em out,
    I'm gonna let 'em shine
    I'm gonna let 'em shine
    I'm gonna let 'em shine
    Let 'em shine,
    Let 'em shine,
    Let 'em shine.

I'm gonna let 'em shine
    I'm gonna let 'em shine
    I'm gonna let 'em shine
    Let 'em shine,
    Let 'em shine,
    Let 'em shine.

Shine all over
    Dixie

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @SGH throw in a picture of one that's cleaned and skinned - I think some folks probably need to see that.
    @tikigriller If they are not overcooked I think they have a consistency of something like devilled ham/meat. The flavor is beefy. We raised cattle for many many years. I love calf fries - it was always a big event to have a "calf fry" after we marked and branded the calves.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • tikigriller
    @sciaggie Thanks!  Sounds a little out of my taste bud league.  Guess I am and always will be a breast man!

Livermore, California
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,024
    This does not get Dyal's seal of approval. I am cringing!  Yuck!! LOL
  • jak7028
    jak7028 Posts: 231
    Then quick....seriously....do you eat these nuts, or are they just used for seasoning?  Whhat in the heck does a testicle taste like?  (I would  have to not even come close to telling anyone in my house what they are eating until it is already in swallow mode and they can't spit--did I really go there!?!?!?)
    People will slice them like a potato chip, then bread and deep fry them. Supposedly, they taste like anything else battered and deep fried, a lot of people love them.  

Me personally, I have a strict no balls in my mouth policy.  
    Victoria, TX - 1 Large BGE and a 36" Blackstone
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Dyal_SC said:
    This does not get Dyal's seal of approval. I am cringing!  Yuck!! LOL
    Image result for seal of disapproval

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,545

This is stolen from a previous egger's post.. 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    I've had beef and pork "fries" and looking for a source of Turkey fries at the moment.  If one can get over the anatomy and lurid thought, they are quite taste... I like mine with fava beans and a nice chianti!
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• Then quick....seriously....do you eat these nuts, or are they just used for seasoning?  Whhat in the heck does a testicle taste like?  (I would  have to not even come close to telling anyone in my house what they are eating until it is already in swallow mode and they can't spit--did I really go there!?!?!?)
    they taste like chicken fried steak. Once you get past the fact that you have a testicle in your mouth, they aren't bad.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    I try to tell my wife that
  • Like Rocky Mountain Oysters, in the style of Dixie.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • tikigriller
    My wife stopped eating "chicken fried steak" as soon as she said "I do".

Livermore, California
  • theyolksonyou
    The difference between your job and your wife. After 5 yrs your job still sucks. 
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    The difference between your job and your wife. After 5 yrs your job still sucks. 
    Then you didn't marry the right one! Lol!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • tikigriller
    She let me get a BGE...and a pellet grill....and a blackstone...and has not really said anything about all my buys...so I did  something right!!!!

Livermore, California
  • jabam
    She let me get a BGE...and a pellet grill....and a blackstone...and has not really said anything about all my buys...so I did  something right!!!!
    You have a keeper my friend! 
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Sodak70
    Sodak70 Posts: 29
    @SGH  You say to soak them in plain ice water for 24 hours, is that to keep the swelling down?????
    Large and MiniMax Egg, 28" Blackstone Griddle

Franklin (South East), Va
  • theyolksonyou
    jabam said:
    Well, we're building year number 20 and I'm doing just fine. 
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    wow, those are some big gonads!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • jabam
    jabam said:
    Just playing bro! My attempt at humor!
  • theyolksonyou
    jabam said:
    jabam said:
    Just playing bro! My attempt at humor!
    No worries. I pulled out my original response.  ;)