Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Margharita Pizza - with home made mozzarella

SciAggie
SciAggie Posts: 6,481
I made my first home made mozzarella using the "One Hour Cheese" book. 
https://www.amazon.com/One-Hour-Cheese-Mozzarella-Paneer--Even-Burrata/dp/0761177485/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470873284&sr=8-1&keywords=One+hour+cheese
It was fun and well worth the effort. There was significant satisfaction making a pizza from home made dough and cheese with basil from the garden. I had to buy the tomatoes :(
Sorry I don't have pics of the cheese making - the good part happens quickly and I needed an extra hand. 

Coleman, Texas
Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
"Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                      YukonRon

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Great looking pizza. I bet the cheese is killer good.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Looks delicious! I too am a big fan of fresh home made mozzarella. Here is one of my batches and look at the remaining whey from that 1 gallon of whole milk!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • SciAggie
    @RRP It took a couple of tries before I got the hang of it, but it was fun and I loved the flavor. What do you do with your whey?
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • RRP
    SciAggie said:
    @RRP It took a couple of tries before I got the hang of it, but it was fun and I loved the flavor. What do you do with your whey?
    If you Google the uses it is amazing what all it can be used for! The majority of mine has gone to providing acidity in the soil for great tomatoes, but the uses are endless.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Wow that looks absolutely perfect.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    /bow

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• RRP
    SciAggie said:

- the good part happens quickly and I needed an extra hand. 

And gloves!

• SciAggie
    @RRP Yeah, they're not kidding about it being hot when you knead and stretch the cheese. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon