Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Exchange

Options
hey all - last year someone organized a rub and sauce exchange. I loved it! It was like Christmas receiving a package full of unique rubs from the east coast. 

Anyone know what time of year this happens? I'd love to participate again. Hope I haven't missed it!!

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @cazzy is the fellow who organizes them. Haven't heard from him in a while though. Seems like the last one was in June. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Yeah I thought about this last week. I was thinking we last did it in june or july. One of my favorite things on this forum. 

Little Rock, AR

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    @cazzy hasn't been around much.  Hopefully he'll want to do this again.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    I'm in !!!!  Still using some great gifts from great egghead friends !!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Been thinking about it also, never participated before, kinda shy I guess. Next time - I'm all in!
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • n8er
    n8er Posts: 114
    Options
    Sounds interesting for sure. 
    Egging year 'round in North Dakota
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    We started now the plan was for her to be there before the Fourth of July
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Do we need a stand in for the organizer? I would like to participate this go round 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Eggingaround
    Eggingaround Posts: 357
    Options
    Funny how things pop up. I was also thinking about the exchange this weekend. I've been grabbing stuff here and there for it. 
    Mckinney, TX
    LBGE--AR with Rig extender 
    Mini Max
  • Jstroke
    Options
    Does anyone know Cazzy personally enough to reach out directly to see if all is well.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    Does anyone know Cazzy personally enough to reach out directly to see if all is well.
    i do. I'll see if he's interested.

Oh- he is all good. Just has little kids and he's coaching teams etc. 

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    He's all good. Says he will put another exchange together for everyone after Memorial Day. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    He's all good. Says he will put another exchange together for everyone after Memorial Day. 
    Outstanding!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Jstroke
    Options
    Well that is good to hear at least. Not saying he has to do it--I know it is a lot of work if he is neck deep. I am sure someone can figure out how to get it done
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    Well that is good to hear at least. Not saying he has to do it--I know it is a lot of work if he is neck deep. I am sure someone can figure out how to get it done
    Nah- he's good. He's just not on here as much. He does not really egg anymore since he got his fancy vault. His eggs now reside at his in-laws house

• Jstroke
    Options
    well, I guess I can't argue, but what does he do for a quick middle week meal.  I wouldn't store a rusted out gasser at my in-laws.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I know one of the criteria Cazzy had was number of post exceeding 200 or he vetted you in some manner.....If you were in the previous year you were automatically eligible regardless of number of post. I assume that would be somewhat important to have that list. Glad to hear he will do it again.

On a side note, I would love to see one occur in November in preparation for our our holiday cooks. This suggestion might be considered by someone else as I assume there is a significant amount of time investment. Certainly not intended to be a criticism as I am most appreciative of @cazzy hard work on these. Absolutely a blast for those of us who participated I can assure you. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    well, I guess I can't argue, but what does he do for a quick middle week meal.  I wouldn't store a rusted out gasser at my in-laws.
    I think I saw that he bought an old school charcoal grill. Like a square weber type thing. very retro.

• Jstroke
    Options
    Well, if it works and he is happy, then god bless. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    he's got a blackstone too...and a fancy kitchen. He's not hurting for cookspace.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    Well that is good to hear at least. Not saying he has to do it--I know it is a lot of work if he is neck deep. 
    With all of his toys - and offspring - it's probably more precise to say that Cazzy is "balls deep."
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Jstroke
    Options
    Well, if that's the case then good deal. Sounds he should have it under control