Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My trailer smoker has started being built!

Options

Comments

• badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    I see a XL, and small egg fore sale early next month....lol
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    caliking said:
    Very sweet. It sounds like the Shirley will be painted to match the Winnabanger?
    Yes sir!! I intend to tow it around with the RV 90+% of the time.  Should look pretty awesome together!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    I see a XL, and small egg fore sale early next month....lol
    The XL will always have a place in my Arsenal.  Set and forget is too nice to give up!!!  

Plus, everyone needs a "little" cooker anyhow!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    here is one they just finished. It's bigger than mine, but without all the extras.

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Is that inside the new building?
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Sounds amazing- can't wait to see picks. Will be awesome for brisket camp :)
    Greensboro, NC
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    Might as well add some speakers for some entertainment. 

That at sounds like an amazing rig. Major jealous!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Awesome and congratulations.....  Make sure we see build pics!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    here is one they just finished. It's bigger than mine, but without all the extras.

Almost thought that pit was for this guy!  :rofl: 

https://youtu.be/hGAP1DG_Vs8
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    Just remembered something I saw a few months back.

This guy added a couple of extra hitch receivers all around the frame so he could position custom made tables and chairs onto the rig itself for the cook's comfort. 

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Thatgrimguy
    Options
    Just remembered something I saw a few months back.

This guy added a couple of extra hitch receivers all around the frame so he could position custom made tables and chairs onto the rig itself for the cook's comfort. 
    That's a really cool idea
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    I'm thinking a stand for a Pawley's Island Hammock, for comfort, ya know!

Or use them for a shade structure that attaches to the trailer. 

Oh the possibilities!

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    cazzy said:

Almost thought that pit was for this guy!  :rofl: 

https://youtu.be/hGAP1DG_Vs8
    LMFAO 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Sounds like it gonna be a great trailer. Dumb question, how is the fryer going to contain  the oil without sloshing out? 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Thatgrimguy
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Sounds like it gonna be a great trailer. Dumb question, how is the fryer going to contain  the oil without sloshing out? 
    Thank you!! It will only have oil in it when it's sitting still. I'll drain before moving. I got a blue oil pail someone mentioned on this site that seals up I'll use for transporting the oil.
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    That is the reason I don't use the fryer in the food truck unless it is a 2 day event. Really a pain to empty and clean it after only 4 hours of use. That and the extra mess in the vent a hood.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    That is the reason I don't use the fryer in the food truck unless it is a 2 day event. Really a pain to empty and clean it after only 4 hours of use. That and the extra mess in the vent a hood.
    I'm guessing you are messing with a lot more oil than I will. 

Hopefully the Bucket

And the 100 micron filter from Utah biodiesel

Will make draining and keeping the oil a relatively easy project. I'm having him mod the drain to make access easy.  @hotch is using a similar setup with good results.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I'd be excited as well. Can't wait to see your finished rig. It will be in tow to Butt Blast, correct? If things go well this year, my buddy and I will be looking to up our game to a bigger rig next year. Would like to see it in person.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    DMW said:
    I'd be excited as well. Can't wait to see your finished rig. It will be in tow to Butt Blast, correct? If things go well this year, my buddy and I will be looking to up our game to a bigger rig next year. Would like to see it in person.
    Most definitely bringing it to Butt Blast!  It will be a lifesaver with the sink/water.
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Try not to have any 90's in the drain. A nice sweep or large diameter hose like I had in the video should work best. Bigger is better. I had pvc with a 90 and it would restrict with crusties.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Freaking love it mang!  This should prove to be some good times!  Can't wait to see some update shots. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGAP1DG_Vs8

@cazzy  - that video is unbelievable.  I cringed through the entire thing. 
    Phoenix 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @cazzy I find myself wanting to first and foremost grab up the bark before he "throws it away"....and then a swift throat punch!  WTH!  I couldn't bear to watch the whole thing :angry: 

https://youtu.be/tENHsfcz9NU
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    I want a vertical....don't want to think what that cost.
    Seattle, WA
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,348
    Options
    Looking forward to pix of this rig!!

It seems Shirley does a video of just about every new cooker they make - hope they do one for this rig also.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Thatgrimguy
    Options
    SkinnyV said:
    I want a vertical....don't want to think what that cost.
    He built just the vertical and firebox once I think it was like 1200 on casters.
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Guy south of me 6 hrs has some nice looking ones he builds.  $2500, quality looks nice.
    Seattle, WA
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    SkinnyV said:
    Guy south of me 6 hrs has some nice looking ones. $2500, quality looks nice.
    Yeah, a lot of buying a custom pit comes down to your area. I'm lucky to live just 4 hours from Shirley who I consider the best fabricators in the country.  But there are tons of great builders all over the country and shipping a pit will double the cost in many cases.
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    @ThatgrimguyNice set up coming your way .... I have my eyes set on a pit maker but the wife won't approve it for the two company parties each year 
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    McStew said:
    I have my eyes set on a pit maker but the wife won't approve it 
    Don't ask her, just buy it ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.