Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Year resolution?

Options
henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
I won't partake in any religious or political conversations. It solves nothing. To do something nice to an unknown person everyday. If anything stresses me... It's gone. I'll be a Kinder, sympathetic person. 
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I will no longer bash the dumbocrats, libtards, libturds and taxocrats. I will no longer bash and pick on the Yetitards and Suckertards. I will no longer sing Yeti Land.  I will no longer argue at all on the forum. I will post my cooks and answer questions and leave it at that. And if you really believe that................

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Nice Scottie!  Brother henapple, what?? ;)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Nice Scottie
    A man has to eat =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Davec433
    Davec433 Posts: 463
    Options
    I'm going to cumulatively run/walk 1000 miles this year.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    I'm gonna try to be more like @henapple   Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Get a little exercise everyday, eat a little less, read a book to my kids everyday and compliment my wife daily. I think that's doable...maybe
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Have a few things: 

Do more for others

Don't stress as much and go with the flow

Drop some weight

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    I resolve to fight more foo.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I am not going to cook on my Eggs.......................................damn, that lasted as long as the: I'm going to lose weight in 2016..............
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    I discovered long ago that I'm a lying sombitch, so I quit making resolutions
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    I'm going to keep mine simple.
    Drink more within reason and hate less.
    I feel reasonably sure on the first part........the second is going to be a challenge.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    edited January 2016
    Options
    oh yeah, one more thing, quit buying so much stuff I see in the forum.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Drink less than I did in 2015. 2 more 13k or above peaks, Christmas in Ireland.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    I'm striving to be more ambitious in my 2016 and enjoying life more. 
    Plan on being in the woods literally every waking minute I can, and want to live off the land accordingly
    diet will be going fully paleo and I will be hitting the gym everyday like I used to in college

i also plan on getting my dog some of his hunting titles..

2015 I was blessed with an excellent job I love... However I gave up a lot of myself for a crazy gf..2016 I will be living for myself and saving more $$ as well 

• FarmerTom
    FarmerTom Posts: 685
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Our daughter studied for a year in Reading, England, just outside of London.  We decided to spend Christmas with her over there rather than flying her home.  Really nice, I don't know if Ireland is the same, but in England, Christmas day and boxing day, you can forget about doing anything.  Everything shuts down completely.  No public transportation, all stores are closed.  Not a bad idea really, very quiet and peaceful.  But so different from here in the states.  

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    I've decided this year to get in shape, so in an effort to do so I'm going to eat more.  They way I look at it round is a shape and it has to be much easier than actually going to the gym.  
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
     2016 is a saving year..... I have just got off the phone with the cable company, I negotiated a new contract.. I am also returning 2 HD boxes.. This is pure madness what I am paying a month..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • YukonRon
    Options
    FarmerTom said:
    YukonRon said:
    Our daughter studied for a year in Reading, England, just outside of London.  We decided to spend Christmas with her over there rather than flying her home.  Really nice, I don't know if Ireland is the same, but in England, Christmas day and boxing day, you can forget about doing anything.  Everything shuts down completely.  No public transportation, all stores are closed.  Not a bad idea really, very quiet and peaceful.  But so different from here in the states.  
    We have done Christmas in different places in Europe. I really enjoyed Germany and Austria, especially the festivals in the towns. I forget the name of the town, but the festival they hosted was divided by a huge wall, the event was massive in scope. It was modern day Christmas on one side, and medieval on the other. I can't  begin to detail what an experience that event was for us. We have done Switzerland, Norway, Denmark, The Netherlands, Italy and France. Experiencing these with friends and family have been awesome, but really anywhere with my tribe is wonderful. We are hoping to hook up with My Beautiful Wife's Family while there.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    I've gained 15 lbs in the past two years.  Hmmm...I bought my egg two years ago.  Correlation? Causation? Oh well, not going to cut back on that, but I'm going to do a least 30 minutes of exercise per day.  And reduce the boredom snacking.  And alcohol-induced snacking late at night. 

I told my wife I wanted a FitBit or equivalent activity monitor. She said, "no, you just need a kitchen timer".  What? Am I spending too much time in the kitchen? She said, "No, set the kitchen timer for 30 minutes.  When it rings, GET OUT OF YOUR CHAIR and do something."   I think she has a point because that's where I am right now.  
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I just went outside and tossed football with my big guy. I need to do more of that this year.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    No more RTIC threads. No more RTIC threads. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    JethroVA said:
    She said, "no, you just need a kitchen timer".  What? Am I spending too much time in the kitchen? She said, "No, set the kitchen timer for 30 minutes.  When it rings, GET OUT OF YOUR CHAIR and do something."   I think she has a point because that's where I am right now.  
    I need to take this to heart myself.  When I left Active Duty I could run the 1.5 mile in 9:30, then load a half-ton of equipment into a bar and play a 4.5-hour rock set, then get laid, and then go out for breakfast at Denny's.
    Today, I can barely get out of the recliner to take a wizz.  :grimacing: 

I'm not a big one for NY resolutions, but for some reason this year has me thinking about Things, and Life, a lot more than usual.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options

Find a new job I like. One that I enjoy.

Because as of today I am in temporary retirement!!!

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    @HotchI'm with you brother. I'm starting a new gig next Monday. 
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    @HotchI'm with you brother. I'm starting a new gig next Monday. 
    That's great. I'm going to decompress and and de-stress for a bit.
    Then take the attitude of work to live not live to work!!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    I did the same thing @Hotch . A teaser retirement is a great thing.