Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Quick Review of Ayayron Franklin's Manifesto

Options
13»

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Not in our lifetime.   One of the Tesla Model S cars in Ludicrous mode does 0 to 60 in 2.8 seconds.
    Options
    @nolaegghead - it's not about the quickness/speed, as you can appreciate.  There is something to be said for the feel of raw power.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    edited December 2015
    Options
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    I'll attest to the Tesla performance!  It's not mine, but someone in my office building has one....  The road ain't called GA400 for nothing!!!!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @lousubcap I appreciate V8 power.   I've had my share of muscle cars.  

That said...the tesla has full torque at zero RPM.  
    Audi R8 six speed MT

Holy crap! 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,473
    Options
    I am well aware of the power that electric can deliver in a moment's notice.  (Even been there with electric drive submarines; hull # SSN 597 and 685.)
    However, silent power doesn't have the same impact for me.  Dinosaur here but the throat clearing sound of a well-tuned V-8 is a thing of beauty.   
    Merry Christmas regardless of affiliation or not ;)

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • LKNEgg
    LKNEgg Posts: 339
    Options
    I agree about the allure of V8 power going away.  Granddad left me a 68 GT500, it sounds awesome with incredible torque, but friends are more fascinated by a friend's new tesla model S.  Don't get me wrong tesla is cool but electric car is missing the muscle car growl and new car tuned growl!  I'm pretty young,  but the next generation has it all mixed up!   Ha! 
    Large BGE - 2014
    FB 200, KAB, AR - 2015
    Lake Norman area of NC
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten!

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing!

• nolaegghead
    edited December 2015
    Options
    The sound of a combustion engine is what we're used to.  It's nostalgic for Americans to pine for that muscle car V8 exhaust note, Germans to pine for the old H4 air cooled boxers, Italians for the Ferrari, etc. 

Nothing quite as nostalgic as a 2-stroke Italian scooter exhaust.

Now days they're piping the exhaust notes through the sound system.  Even if it has a V8.

Some of the technology that we didn't have back in the good ol' days is ubiquitous now.  Turbochargers, superchargers, port fuel injection.   The sound of a Holly 850 double pumper was glorious.  The new tech sounds...different.  But it helps make the cars faster than they ever were. 

If it's fast....I like it. 
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I am well aware of the power that electric can deliver in a moment's notice.  (Even been there with electric drive submarines; hull # SSN 597 and 685.)
    However, silent power doesn't have the same impact for me.  Dinosaur here but the throat clearing sound of a well-tuned V-8 is a thing of beauty.   
    Merry Christmas regardless of affiliation or not ;)

@lousubcap there's nothing I'll ever drive that compares to a freakin SUBMARINE!  Merry Christmas friend!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I interpreted it to mean that she got it all out in college and settled for something predictable and easy to ride

YukonRon said:
    My wife used to drive a Porsche. She needed the excitement. Then she met me. That is all I am saying.
    I'm guessing the Porsche wasn't a stick.
    I just had that extra gear to get her there in a more fulfilling manner...... =)
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Actually it is because, I had the The BGEs, and we could not afford it any more. Choices.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,221
    Options
    A Tesla might be fast but it will never sound like this. 

• YukonRon
    Options
    The 700+ HP Hellcat has a real thunderous sound. I had the chance to work on that project. Firing up that bad boy was just this side of scary, and that was with it being street legal.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky