Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Awesome friendships forged on this forum: @northGAcock

Options

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited December 2015
    Options

Folks I have met, spent time with and consider friends through the forums (Essentially folks that I have gotten sh!tfaced with and/or done unspeakable evils with and would do anything for):

FLA Poolman

Mikeb6019

Big Un

Beli

Egret and Joan

Mick

Cen-Tex

Cali

Ripnem

Canugghead

Florida Grilling Girl

Pantsypants

The late Mr.Holloway

Little Chef

Richard FLA

Mad Max

Nature Boy

Henapple

Photoegg

tjv

The late Carwash Mike

Spring Chicken and the incredible Miss Judy

Molly

Lawn Ranger

Frank from Houma

SSN686

Mr. Potatohead

Carolina Q

irishrog

Terry

All the guys fro NOBSS

Mainegg

Rick's Tropical Delight

Girl on Grill

Freddie

Doug in Eggmonton

Reelgem

AZRP and Desert Filly

Texan of the North

wessb

Sundown

Eggcelsior

YB

Morro Bay Rich

Crimsongator

Bubba Tim

FlashbackBob

Jupiter Jim

Grande ouef vert

Brian and John at BGE Canada

Primeggister

Too much beer tonight and am forgetting many.

I didn't make the list :disappointed: 

I've met a few eggheads from the forum and speak to some on a regular basis. Pretty good group of people to be associated with. Even the Raiders Fan :angry: @BYS1981 :lol: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    I think you meant *especially* the Raiders fan, no worries autocorrect has gotten me once or twice before too. @NPHuskerFL

B) 
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited December 2015
    Options
    @BYS1981 Nope. Even was correct. :wink: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Care to wager a local rub on Sunday's game @NPHuskerFL
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @DoubleEgger Watcha got in mind Michael?  PM me details
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    edited December 2015
    Options

Not bad for coming up with the long list in your drunken stupor and thanks for putting me in your top 10 (barely) ;) Let me help you remember few more ...

-Weekend Warrior and Thea
    -WWSis Julia and Dave
    -Double Bogey and Vicky; his friend Jay and Mrs.
    -Kevin and Nina
    -Eggscriber
    -Woodbutcher
    -Chef Charles and June(?)
    -TexanOfTheNorth and Karen
    -chocdoc
    -gabriegger and the 'real' Gabby
    -judyfoodie
    -RGBHV and his two wives
    -Patty-O
    -Dr. BBQ

and last but not least, how can you forget Maxim from Montreal? he slaved all day skewering/cooking satay for you at the inaugural Niagara fest, we never saw the poor soul again! @caliking does this sound familiar?

canuckland
  • Canugghead
    Options
    ooops I think Chef Charles' better half is Joan.
    canuckland
  • Little Steven
    Options

It was a bad idea to post that. I wasn't drunk though. I took a strong sleeping pill (because I've been getting no sleep in the last while) and I did have three beers. I got a little sentimental and got really sleepy by the end of the list. All of the ones on your list would be on mine as well.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited December 2015
    Options

Folks I have met, spent time with and consider friends through the forums (Essentially folks that I have gotten sh!tfaced with and/or done unspeakable evils with and would do anything for):

FLA Poolman

Mikeb6019

Big Un

Beli

Egret and Joan

Mick

Cen-Tex

Cali

Ripnem

Canugghead

Florida Grilling Girl

Pantsypants

The late Mr.Holloway

Little Chef

Richard FLA

Mad Max

Nature Boy

Henapple

Photoegg

tjv

The late Carwash Mike

Spring Chicken and the incredible Miss Judy

Molly

Lawn Ranger

Frank from Houma

SSN686

Mr. Potatohead

Carolina Q

irishrog

Terry

All the guys fro NOBSS

Mainegg

Rick's Tropical Delight

Girl on Grill

Freddie

Doug in Eggmonton

Reelgem

AZRP and Desert Filly

Texan of the North

wessb

Sundown

Eggcelsior

YB

Morro Bay Rich

Crimsongator

Bubba Tim

FlashbackBob

Jupiter Jim

Grande ouef vert

Brian and John at BGE Canada

Primeggister

I didn't make the list :disappointed: 

I've met a few eggheads from the forum and speak to some on a regular basis. Pretty good group of people to be associated with. Even the Raiders Fan :angry: @BYS1981 :lol: 

I shouldn't have posted it period. We haven't met and/or gotten sh!tfaced together have we? Apologies if we have.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    It's ok Little Steven!  You got this thread back on track.  Thank you.  The purpose of the OP.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • FarmerTom
    Options
    I have yet to have the pleasure of meeting in person, hardly any Eggheads.  Out here in the sticks, Eggers are few and far between.  I only know 2 others.  But there are many on here that I would like to meet some day.  Lots of interesting folks.  Hopefully one day I will be able to attend an Eggfest and meet some of you who have been so helpful.

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    FarmerTom said:
    I have yet to have the pleasure of meeting in person, hardly any Eggheads.  Out here in the sticks, Eggers are few and far between.  I only know 2 others.  But there are many on here that I would like to meet some day.  Lots of interesting folks.  Hopefully one day I will be able to attend an Eggfest and meet some of you who have been so helpful.
    If you ever get to Louisville, look me up.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    @YukonRon  I thought you were moving to the Denver area? Am I confused or did plans change (and I missed it)? If i am slap @ss crazy.....then just ingnore me. Ready to get into the Xmas cheer.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I've met a bunch of Eggers from the "other" site at Fests and such.  Look forward to meeting a bunch of the characters on this site as well.   Hopefully I can make it to the NC meetup in April. 
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• FarmerTom
    Options
    YukonRon, do I remember you mentioning you live in the Highlands area?  When we have the time, we really enjoy eating at some of the area restaurants, Irish Rover, Bristiol Bar and Grill, and have eaten at some of the brewpubs and cafes along Bardstown.  Got any good suggestions in this area?  We like to browse many of the shops there, (really miss Ear Ectasy). Lots of interesting shops and people.

Tommy 

1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    @FarmerTom, if you haven't had dinner at Le Relais, I highly recommend it for a special night out.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • FarmerTom
    Options
    Will give it a try bgebrent.  Made a note in my phone so I won't forget it.  Thanks

Tommy 

• YukonRon
    Options
    @YukonRon  I thought you were moving to the Denver area? Am I confused or did plans change (and I missed it)? If i am slap @ss crazy.....then just ingnore me. Ready to get into the Xmas cheer

As it has worked out, Denver's project did not get the necessary funding for a proper R and D facility. That, plus the ensuing environmental battle that follows, has made the position less inviting for my work and research. This was one of the thousand things that could have gone wrong in the process, and it did. That killed my interest. It would have been a very cool move for us, but, it was not in the cards. My company started looking at other areas and none stoked a desire for me. As I had mentioned earlier, Louisville is a very cool place to live, and Denver is one of only a couple places on earth I would consider for a family relocation with work. It still may materialize down the road, and if it does, that would be fine, but for now, we got it going on where we are,  and we will see what happens later.
    Thanks for asking my friend.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    This place is great I was able to meet up with @SoCalTim last weekend .... I'm not sure if we will ever agree on baseball  =) but BBQ is on our minds 
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • YukonRon
    edited December 2015
    Options
    FarmerTom said:
    YukonRon, do I remember you mentioning you live in the Highlands area?  When we have the time, we really enjoy eating at some of the area restaurants, Irish Rover, Bristiol Bar and Grill, and have eaten at some of the brewpubs and cafes along Bardstown.  Got any good suggestions in this area?  We like to browse many of the shops there, (really miss Ear Ectasy). Lots of interesting shops and people.
    I would highly recommend le Relais as @bgebrent had suggested. It is on taylorsville rd in the old airport building,  5 stars on food, atmosphere, wine selection and vibe. MBW and I go there less frequently now. She is also partial to the Irish Rover.  As odd as this may seem, since the arrival of the BGE, we have not pursued the evenings out. We have a better wine selection, and many friends in our neighborhood that like to hangout with dinner parties at home. The food is good, and well, we don't have to worry too much about driving or walking home.
    If you enjoy Mexican fare, the best in town is the place across from Kroger on Bardstown Rd. Great drinks, great food, and not too far from Electric Ladyland, which will never be ear ecstasy but it does have a killer vinyl selection.
    You may also want to try Havana Rumba, on the corner of Bardstown and Dundee I think. I would stay away from the North Point on Bardstown, the one on Frankfort is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better.
    i live in the neighborhood behind where EE used to be located on Bardstown. Cool place to live, and frankly, my favorite place I have ever lived in my life.
    It goes without saying, if you get in town and I am not on the road, you are welcome here for dinner. Just let us know and we will do it up right.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    @FarmerTomForgot about jack frye's needs reservations, cool place with a jazz combo on Fridays delicious. Sapporo is great Asian fare always busy, but dang good.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    Options
    Bump. A sweet thread with lots of friendship... very cool to see where this went over the years in real life...
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• RRog17
    RRog17 Posts: 562
    Options
    Good People live here!
    Canton, GA
    LBGE, Joe Jr., 28” Blackstone
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    RRog17 said:
    Good People live here!
    Yeah, that was pretty cool. 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • oldmandawg
    Options
  • Canugghead
    Options
    Get a room.
    Get a rope.
    canuckland
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Get a room.
    Get a rope.
    I was giving the old man the benefit of the doubt.  Perhaps with a name like dawg he was too slow to realize two people from this thread are dead.  One very recently. 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I am grateful for a lot of bitchin friendship s I have forrmed here 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian