Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Awesome friendships forged on this forum: @northGAcock

Options
bgebrent
bgebrent Posts: 19,636
I've never met Robin (@northGAcock).  I only got to know him recently after the SC flooding and through the love of college Bball.  He shouted out to this rival, bball rabid stranger asking if I was going to return to Columbus to see the Cats play!  Not his team!  I'd been there last year to see my guys play.  @tarheelmatt also helped us get acquainted.  Long story short, Robin secured amazing tickets for the UK-SC game for all of us.  In addition, he's taking a day off of work to prepare and egg for us!!  And refused to let me pay him for my tickets!  And, he offered for us to stay at their house!!!  I love this forum, the amazing and generous people who contribute to it, and @northGAcock, for letting your adversaries in.  We'll have fun brother!
Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    This is a cool place to hang, made so by the folks in it.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    Options
    @YukonRon, folks like you brother.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    So I'm some sort of Egghead match maker? 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,054
    Options
    @northGAcock is an awesome guy.  I had the pleasure of meeting him and his better half.  The man can cook too.  Hope y'all have fun!  I may try to hit up that game as well. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    @northGAcock is an awesome guy.  I had the pleasure of meeting him and his better half.  The man can cook too.  Hope y'all have fun!  I may try to hit up that game as well. 
    Allow me to formally invite you and El to join us on that Friday night. Any of you other locals that would like to join, let me know. We will throw down.

All my friends....all my friends.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Never had the pleasure of meeting Robin as the few times he has invited us over we had conflicts, but the invites have been there and I am grateful. He also checked on us a few times with the flood. Someday soon we will meet. Good fella that @northGAcock
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Mostly good experiences. @caliking and Steven stealing my beer, @Mickey working me and @Nolaegghead feeling me up.... 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    Never had the pleasure of meeting Robin as the few times he has invited us over we had conflicts, but the invites have been there and I am grateful. He also checked on us a few times with the flood. Someday soon we will meet. Good fella that @northGAcock
    @chubbs   Put Friday Feb 12th on your calendar....come and join us.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    henapple said:
    Mostly good experiences. @caliking and Steven stealing my beer, @Mickey working me and @Nolaegghead feeling me up.... 
    One more and and you can be the pivot man in the circle. :fearful: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Christ, I've been on these forums for ten years and never made one friend. Gotta be me I guess.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    @henapple that new avatar is beyond creepy. 

That said, I still feel great privilege in drinking your beer. Even if you did accidentally pour it into my cup. 

Too bad our wives were there or I might have copped a feel myself. 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    henapple said:
    Who is this henapple person?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Mickey said:
    henapple said:

Sorry about my earlier post Mick. We're buds right?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Mickey said:
    henapple said:

Sorry about my earlier post Mick. We're buds right?
    Not sure what? It would take a lot for us not to be. A whole lot. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    "in my experience though, people like steven, zip, fidel, have been thieves and swindlers, plumbing defilers, public micturitionists, flatulayer fabricators, and uncomfortably-close boat-cushion-sitters."

I was wondering why I feel so comfortable here.  Now I know.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    henapple said:
    Sounds like a fun night in Da 'Boro.

Seriously, I have been fortunate to make some top notch friends here, with @henapple's PBR heading the list. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    All the fun and joking, comports perfectly with the thread.  Camaraderie lives here. Thank you @northGAcock.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    caliking said:
    henapple said:
    Sounds like a fun night in Da 'Boro.

Seriously, I have been fortunate to make some top notch friends here, with @henapple's PBR heading the list. 

No more bomba for you. Sheeeat I never sent him any. CT would have had some if my son had listened to me. He got the usual local crap instead. Looks like I'm into another trip to the importer. Dammit Canuck loon is so low the shipping is more than the product.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    EggheadMingle.com is alive and flourishing!  Bromance is in the air boys! 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @tarheelmatt

big meat
    nice fat

dislikes:
    gas

• Little Steven
    Options

Folks I have met, spent time with and consider friends through the forums (Essentially folks that I have gotten sh!tfaced with and/or done unspeakable evils with and would do anything for):

FLA Poolman

Mikeb6019

Big Un

Beli

Egret and Joan

Mick

Cen-Tex

Cali

Ripnem

Canugghead

Florida Grilling Girl

Pantsypants

The late Mr.Holloway

Little Chef

Richard FLA

Mad Max

Nature Boy

Henapple

Photoegg

tjv

The late Carwash Mike

Spring Chicken and the incredible Miss Judy

Molly

Lawn Ranger

Frank from Houma

SSN686

Mr. Potatohead

Carolina Q

irishrog

Terry

All the guys fro NOBSS

Mainegg

Rick's Tropical Delight

Girl on Grill

Freddie

Doug in Eggmonton

Reelgem

AZRP and Desert Filly

Texan of the North

wessb

Sundown

Eggcelsior

YB

Morro Bay Rich

Crimsongator

Bubba Tim

FlashbackBob

Jupiter Jim

Grande ouef vert

Brian and John at BGE Canada

Primeggister

Too much beer tonight and am forgetting many.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    Um. Fidel, zip, stike seem to be missing. Does that mean halifax is off?
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Little Steven
    Options
    I said I would do anything for....not "have done everything for"

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    You have cold feet. And you don't like to cuddle after. That's a deal breaker. 
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Little Steven
    Options
    And I eat première bagages porc

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Some really good times are had anytime a couple eggheads get together!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum