Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Deep Fry Oil

Options
13»

Comments

• HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    @Hotch How did that filter end up working out for you? I just got a 4 gal Cajun Fryer and need something like your setup for the oil. Thanks!
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    I love it. The 234 does not catch the flour fines. But it works great and so much easier than messing with filters, holders and funnels!
    But this weekend I hope to use the smaller sceen that @Thatgrimguy bought to see if it works better than my 238 with out to much restriction.
    As we are loading up and fix'n to head that way. Will be frying up some of our Pig Cakes and both Rum and Bourbon Shooters. =)
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Yeah, no problem playing with my 100 micron screen this weekend!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    @Hotch @Thatgrimguy How did things go with the 100 micron screen? It's about time for filtering so I am deciding what to get to go with my new fryer. Thanks!
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    @Hotch @Thatgrimguy How did things go with the 100 micron screen? It's about time for filtering so I am deciding what to get to go with my new fryer. Thanks!
    We didn't use it. But I have since used it and it works great. No need for a larger filter micron IMO. 
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • BBQbutler
    BBQbutler Posts: 82
    Options
    How are u cleaning the filter?   I've been using the paper filters over a 5g bucket with the paper filter bracket.  Messy PITA.  Oil is cheap.   So I have just started replacing it every 6 months or so depending on use....    Btw finishing smoked wings in your Cajun fryer will kill the smell of your Cajun fryer!!
    LBGE , 22.5 & 18 WSM, 26.25 Kettle, Jennair Gasser, & a plethora of mobile Webers 
    Avid Cubs - Jaguars - Seminole fan. 
    Jacksonville, FL
  • DFW
    DFW Posts: 208
    Options
    Hey guys,
    Just got my RV 6 gallon fryer so bumping this thread: how is everyone liking the 100 micron screen, MirOil pails, etc.?  Still working well or are there other options to explore?

Thanks to you all!
    Arlington, TX
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    The 100 Micron is the way to go. 
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • DFW
    DFW Posts: 208
    Options
    Awesome, thanks Hotch!
    Arlington, TX