Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Elections-not only sunk but removed

Options
lousubcap
lousubcap Posts: 32,341
And another one bites the dust..all those good Friday PM comments relegated to the ether.  Oh well, we have about a year to kick that topic around again.  ABC-
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I noticed. Wiped clean. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL - now that's not nice...but if there it is now definitely secure and will not cause any repercussions to any posters.  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    The thread got Cruz missled.... 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Tic. Tic. Tic. .................
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    @NPHusker , no, she knew it was there, but didn't think there was anything wrong with that!    ;)
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    First he wanted to take the guns. Now he's coming for the threads. Thanks, Obama. 
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I swear it was a just a clock
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • lousubcap
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Gotta wonder about the guidance/direction or lack thereof with the censor control crew.  I must have missed the forum posting topic criteria back when this place was established or when there was only one forum and it is now  the "other forum".  
    We would all follow the rules and regs if we were just afforded the opportunity to acquire the knowledge so we could be compliant, especially on weekends and most recently any evening.  What a load of crap... ;)
    Edit:  It is NOT the fault of the buffalo.
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    I smell a rat, I think someone here is NOT who they say they are.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Who is wearing the wire?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Millennials, indoctrinated by academia, must be administrating.
    The mention of Bernie, Hillary & his highness Barack, in any negative fashion, was to much to endure. :s
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    "Millennials, indoctrinated by academia, must be administrating."

Love this. We must have triggered someone with our micro-aggressions. This forum must be a safe place for all!

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Benghazi strikes again.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Slightly OT, but this thread's not long for this world so who cares:

https://www.facebook.com/BryanScottHicks/posts/1187326084630475
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    Benghazi strikes again.
    It wasn't long after you posted that, @JohnInCarolina  & it was gone!  =)
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • pgprescott
    Options

Good. I hope they are more competent than the VA officials. I'm. Sure they all are. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Good. I hope they are more competent than the VA officials. I'm. Sure they all are. 
    I think the take home message is that you would need incompetence at several different levels, by several different agencies, for the system to let a terrorist slip through.  We've been bringing in refugees from all kinds of countries since 9/11 with this system. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Thanks dude. Good read for sure.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • pgprescott
    Options

I think the take home message is that you would need incompetence at several different levels, by several different agencies, for the system to let a terrorist slip through.  We've been bringing in refugees from all kinds of countries since 9/11 with this system. 
    Agreed. 
      Not a big deal to me. I am in favor of helping those who are persecuted.  Let's just be sure they are competent and careful. It is completely plausible that multiple levels of gross incompetence exist in the govt. wasn't a big deal in this area until recently. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina - I'm quite sure that the system (as defined by the moderators)  torpedoed the thread but I'm at a loss for why.  However, it does seem like the number and speed with which they are sunk/removed is increasing.  And I am definitely in opposition to the knee-jerk response to change our immigration policies.  Definitely a real challenge to get into the USA and the question that I have yet to hear an answer for..."If vetted as good to enter, how long is that good for?"  Review requirements at what interval...
    You cannot stop a lone-wolf attack regardless of all the checks and balances...FWIW.
    Saturday and a bit of day drinking in hand...and ramping up.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited November 2015
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    And another one bites the dust..
    The buffalo does not show mercy. He strikes without warning and at his discretion. However I have noticed that he seems to target certain topics. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    And I am definitely in opposition to the knee-jerk response to change our immigration policies.  Definitely a real challenge to get into the USA and the question that I have yet to hear an answer for..."If vetted as good to enter, how long is that good for?"  Review requirements at what interval...
    You cannot stop a lone-wolf attack regardless of all the checks and balances...FWIW.
    The bottom line is that it's easier to get in on a tourist visa than it is to come in as a refugee.  And yet nobody's suggesting we start denying tourist visas to say, visitors from Saudi Arabia. There's a lot of politicking around this issue, and not a whole lot is informed by facts.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina and that's different from EVERY OTHER ISSUE how?
  • Davec433
    Davec433 Posts: 463
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    And I am definitely in opposition to the knee-jerk response to change our immigration policies.  Definitely a real challenge to get into the USA and the question that I have yet to hear an answer for..."If vetted as good to enter, how long is that good for?"  Review requirements at what interval...
    The bottom line is that it's easier to get in on a tourist visa than it is to come in as a refugee.  And yet nobody's suggesting we start denying tourist visas to say, visitors from Saudi Arabia. There's a lot of politicking around this issue, and not a whole lot is informed by facts.
    Nobody has cared about this refugee stuff until now and most agree that we need to just pause the program until the ISIS nonsense clears.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I think people are talking about the issues you bring up. Lots of tough issues that go against our instincts as a nation. If you aren't thinking about these things, which you obviously have, your just not paying attention. Common sense. I'm not saying I am sure what's right, but our world is changing. I wish nothing more than to not have these issues to wrestle. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina and that's different from EVERY OTHER ISSUE how?
    Fair enough.  I guess that's just why I thought it would be useful to provide that link.
  • Davec433
    Davec433 Posts: 463
    Options
    Here is the real reason why nobody is pausing the refugee program.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tCAffMSWSzY