Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Help me spend some cash

Well actually my wife's cash...

I've got a b-day coming up and the wife is on me about picking out a gift. I was thinking a Blackstone griddle or the Anova Bluetooth Sous Vide. I'm open to other good ideas as well. 

Comments

• SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 1,889
    What interests other than cooking do you have?
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,465
    Brother Double, if it we're me, I'd go Anova.  Easy to store and new stuff to play with. Griddle is super cool if cooking for masses but CI does the same if not.  Happy birthday early!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 6,332
    KAB? I think you might have that covered already if I'm not mistaking 
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 10,015
    edited November 2015
    Double, I have to say one of my wants is a nice sausage grinder / filler to make my own links. I don't really have much in the way of decent links available, limited to the Publix selection if you know what I mean. Just a thought / idea to pass along. You might also try some home brewing equipment?
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

Talk-in' 'bout, hey now! Hey now! I-ko, I-ko, un-day
    Jock-a-mo fee-no ai na-né, jock-a-mo fee na-né

• Looftlighter- I love mine!!!
    1 XL , 1 LBGE , 1MM a very tolerant hubby and 2 hungry teenage boys with a lot of friends. I Love playin' with charcoal and sippin' Bourbon in Fenton, MI. Live Large!
  • You can throw a whole Waffle House plate on that griddle at once!  I cook for four on it regularly. That's said, wouldn't mind a SV either. 
    Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. 
  • LitLit Posts: 6,891
    The xxl from RW hardware. Maybe a food saver or kitchenaid with meat grinder attachment. The sous vide is fun to play around with as well. I would get the blackstone pizza oven before I got the griddle.
  • tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 9,313
    Granted I want a sous vide soon, but I use my Blackstone way more than I would a sous vide.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • sloveladslovelad Posts: 1,715
    Blackstone griddle!!
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 5,666
    How about a mini or mini max?
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 10,521
    I have absolutely nothing to offer accept to acknowledge you have come to the right place! For sure. Should be real easy. 
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 26,661
    Little Steven tells me the fleshlight is worth every penny.  I trust that guy.

• DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 11,919
    YEMTrey said:
    How about a mini or mini max?
    I don't want to have to change my name to TripleEgger yet! 
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 1,889
    New golf clubs?  Fly rod?  Mountain bike?  Ice climbing axes?  Skis?  Kayak?  Bird dog?  Shotgun?  bottle of Pappy?  Bottle of Louis XIII?
    edited November 2015
    Thanks everyone. I have a KAB for the medium and don't see the need for one for my XL. Wife wasn't too happy that I "stole" a gift idea by getting the XL adjustable rig last weekend. I definitely want to get the sausage attachment for the KA but it'll probably make it on the Christmas list. 

Keep the ideas flowing (except for the Fleshlight  =) )
  • RedSkipRedSkip Posts: 1,290
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
    New golf clubs?
    I''m a PING guy who loves his sticks. 
     Fly rod?
    I've got more fishing stuff than I care to acknowledge.
     Mountain bike?
    Old Gary Fisher
    Ice climbing axes?
    I'm in GA lol
    Skis?
    Too tall. Would break a leg for sure! 
    Kayak?
    Native Slayer 14.5
     Bird dog?
    Wife is allergic but I sure miss my GSP. RIP
     Shotgun?
    Bought a SBE II last year
     bottle of Pappy?
    You might be on to something!
     Bottle of Louis XIII?
    I'm not that cool! 

• YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 5,666
    Firecraft.com or SRF.com gift certificate?
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 26,661
    Thanks everyone. I have a KAB for the medium and don't see the need for one for my XL. Wife wasn't too happy that I "stole" a gift idea by getting the XL adjustable rig last weekend. I definitely want to get the sausage attachment for the KA but it'll probably make it on the Christmas list. 

Keep the ideas flowing (except for the Fleshlight  =) )
    Sooooo....you're nixing the sausage attachment.   Little Steven will be sad his suggestion is dissed. 

• JstrokeJstroke Posts: 1,798
    It depends on what other hobbies you enjoy. If it is just food related here are things I might never buy myself. I good leather apron. A nice diamond sharpening/honing steel, A really nice multilayered Japanese style vegetable cleaver or chef knife, Nice rocks glasses. nice kabob skewers. A big paella pan for the XL, I would suggest things I might not buy myself. I wouldn't buy skewers because if I lived alone I wouldn't bother cutting up the meat first. I'll drink gin and tonics out of a plastic cup, but a nice rocks glass would be more enjoyable.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 5,681
    Maybe some stickers?
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 6,191
    Meat slicer or chamber sealer  ;)
    canuckland
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 1,366
    Mangrates
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    Kimber 1911

Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • SGHSGH Posts: 24,064
    Well actually my wife's cash..

There is nothing that gives me more joy than spending my wife's money. Spend and spend big my friend ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 
    RedSkip said:
    Kimber 1911

I love my CDP! I bought it maybe 12 years ago. 
    @DoubleEgger That's a pretty gun...
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • SGHSGH Posts: 24,064
    Brother Double, not knowing what you enjoy kind of makes it hard to really suggest anything. However here are 2 items that I'm picking up when this job finally ends. Maybe they are something that you are interested in as well. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 
  • TN_EggerTN_Egger Posts: 500
    Little Steven tells me the fleshlight is worth every penny.  I trust that guy.
    Tell us more about this Fleshlight.

A BGE chiminea, a small and a 17" BS in Las Cruces, NM

• tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 9,313
    Sure there is a broke law student that would kindly start a Go Fund Me for the donation since things are tough to choose..... 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel
    Facebook
    My Photography Site